What happened on 9/11

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 06:33 pm
This film I found makes a lot of disturbing claims about events surrounding the terrorist attack on 9/11. I find the implications of these claims hard to believe.

Do you think any of it is true?
I am hoping that it's not. I'm not sure what to believe.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5946593973848835726
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,259 • Replies: 40
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:49 pm
I'll tell you what, this kid did his homework when he made this movie. I don't know exactly what happened, but I think we all know they lied their asses off.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:16 pm
No-one can ever know the whole complete truth of anything....but I think conspiracy theories are an absolute certainty.

Occam's Razor comes in pretty handy in cases like this. I'm 99% confident that Muslim extremists under Bin Laden attacked the USA by hijacking commercial jets and flying them into buildings. The United States government and it's citizens were the intended victims, not the perpetrators.

All the rest is just clever puzzle building after the fact. (eg Gov documents with the Towers targeted on the front pre 9/11...are we supposed to not have known they were a target?...they'd already been hit in '93)

(For the sake of perspective, I'm no fan of the US or it's government....so not speaking from a political or nationalistic position)
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:56 pm
Eorl, did you watch that whole video? I found it pretty convincing. I always assumed that the 9/11 attacks were staged by Bush but this shows so much evidence I never heard about.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:19 am
Yes, I watched the whole thing...and as usual with such things, they have to go way over the top...can't remember who said "If you have to lie, make it a BIG one"

Far too many things that clearly don't make sense to the film-maker, make perfect sense to me. Like the building "explosions" during the actual collapse. The only way there wouldn't be blowing out on the floors beneath the collapse is if the structures of the building were offering no resistence at all, and if the fire had not made any movement within the building. (Am I making sense? it's hard to explain)

It looks to me like the usual conspiracy theory stuff, rather than a documentary that would stand up to serious inquiry. Skeptics would have a field day with it.

The BBC documentary about what caused the collapse was far more credible to me.

Sure, there are mysteries, confused explanations, hidden information, pentagon secrets, people who profit, financial actions that look suspicious in hindsight....but there would be, wouldn't there?! I would be more suspicious if none of those things existed.

Logistically, faking the moon landings would be MUCH easier than this conspiracy would have been. I just don't buy it. Sure, Bush is an idiot, but he just isn't capable of this.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:38 am
Strange then, that a building should collapse from the straind the twin towers were put through. They burned for less than half an hour. At temperatures that are not enough to weaken the steel in the buildings.
Other buildings, all shown by the video, burned for much longer without collapsing. At one occasion, you probably remember, the building's top collapsed, but the rest of the building didn't fall.

The most convincing points of this video are the ones that can be empirically verified. Where are the wreckage parts from the plane that hit the pentagon?

Where is the gold that was stored under the world trade center prior to the explosions? They've only recovered a fraction of it.

There are a lot of holes in the official explanation, and I know that I don't believe in that version. I am just not sure I believe that it was 'an inside job'. If so, there is no nation on earth that is in more need ot a revolution or a govenment coup that USA.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 07:48 am
just for the sake of argument

IF the official story is a pack of lies
IF there was some sort of conspiracy by US govt to harm the US

Why would they want to do that?

Who could possibly gain?

And whoever thought they could keep such a colossal crime a secret?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:05 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
just for the sake of argument

IF the official story is a pack of lies
IF there was some sort of conspiracy by US govt to harm the US

Why would they want to do that?

Who could possibly gain?

And whoever thought they could keep such a colossal crime a secret?

I don't think the US govt wants to harm the US...there are just some people like Bush and his cronies who are so greedy and lacking in morals that they can justify mass lies and murder to make themselves the most powerful and richest men on the Earth.

Bush knew that his presidency would not last. They had to rig the polls to make him president, and they had to get people to forget that...really the only option was to make him into a war president. All of a sudden, with 9/11, Bush became important and popular. He could demand all the money and power he needed to do anything he wanted, and people were so blinded by him pointing the terrorist finger around the globe that they stood behind him, and his false sense of patriotism.

It's NOT A SECRET that the Bush administration is feeding us a pack of lies. I don't pay too much attention to the news, but every time I do, I am just hearing about some other lie or scandal that Bush is responsible for...

The fact is that everyone is just so scared to speak up because he can have anyone fired or thrown in jail without a fair trial because of the patriot act.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 11:01 am
I can't believe that any top-ranking, U.S. government official (not even Bush) would ever plan something like 9/11 (a smaller, "Operation Northwoods" type plan--that I could believe).

In my mind, it seems pretty clear that such planning was not necessary. Plenty of known, active, terrorist groups were already busy making such plans. The U.S. government didn't need to orchestrate anything; all they had to do was ignore the imminent threat.

I haven't followed this conspiracy stuff too closely. Does anyone know why PNAC and the "Rebuilding America's Defenses" paper have not made bigger headlines?

And am I the only one who thinks it odd that the Nat'l. Security Advisor during the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history was rewarded with a promotion to Sec. of State?

Oh, and why is it so hard to believe in government conspiracies? Isn't that sort of the nature of politics?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 11:33 am
Quote:
Oh, and why is it so hard to believe in government conspiracies? Isn't that sort of the nature of politics?

The same way they convince people to vote for them. Because they spend billions of your tax dollars paying people to cover it up and lie about it on the news, or coercing people of influence to change their statements and keep their lips sealed if they want to keep living a free life.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 11:55 am
I've heard it said that poets use lies to tell the truth.

What's equally true is that politicians use truth to tell lies.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:01 pm
really? in what way?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 12:28 pm
By placing emphasis on the aspects and pieces of information that strengthen their cause. A good politician can tell you that your kids have been arrested and your house is on fire without telling one actual lie.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:05 pm
Of course, they always lose to those who are not afraid to tell real lies (cough republicans cough).
0 Replies

Bawb

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:28 pm
9/11 was planned or ignored on purpose.

The US government is not a democracy/republic blend. It is run by people "Behind the curtain."
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:30 pm
Very Happy

That's a bad cough. Something stuck in your throat?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:31 pm
Bawb

There are certainly facts that suggest that, but there seems to be no way of finding out of sure.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 03:54 pm
Cyracuz, what more proof could you possibly ask for? A personal confession in plain English saying "We did it. And we took the money. And we're not sorry about it." broadcast on all airwaves?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 04:02 pm
If that's how you feel, an I'm not saying that I don't feel the same way, then what can be done about it?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 04:50 pm
I think that the problem is so far gone at this point that there is very little chance of a proper rebalancing of power.

As Pastor Martin Niemöller famously said,

Quote:
"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me."
0 Replies