Anyone watching The Bachelor?

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:21 pm
Quote:
Have you noticed that when she encounters anyone, she automatically starts to run her hands through her hair...stroking it.

YES! I noticed that too, and I thought it just showed she was weak and not the "princess" she claims to be.

I agree that I don't think there is ONE that stands out right now. Disappointing since you always hope (however unlikely) he finds love and lives happily bla bla bla... I guess I think the "virgin" is the only nice girl.

I can't stand the Italian (?) one. At the end of the show, they show the girls teaching her phrases like "Awesome" and "What'ssssssssss up" ...and the stupid americans didn't realize ...in a way... she was mocking them by HOW they say things. I just don't think he'd find happiness with her. Not when he has to get to know these girls inside and out in just a short period of time.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 14 Oct, 2006 01:39 pm
Quote:
I agree that I don't think there is ONE that stands out right now. Disappointing since you always hope (however unlikely) he finds love and lives happily bla bla bla... I guess I think the "virgin" is the only nice girl.

Yea...the "Virgin" is the only one I deemed nice. Not to count, I think she's probably the most attractive one I've seen.

The only thing I've noticed these girls are attracted to is his so called "title".
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 01:39 pm
Gotta agree with shiver he is a bit dorky, but cute in a dorky way. That girl he gave the earrings to - I thought at first she seems nice and cute - I guess I wouldn't expect that he would get a knock-out attractive girl as he isn't. I thought they would look good together and she seemed sweet and innocent until - she started with the time line thing. Now she seems interested in only meeting some preconceived time line she made up to meet her life goals (seems inane to me). I can understand - I liked to be married by 26 and have children by 28 or something along those lines, but this fruitcake has an exact time line. Just wait until he and/or the other girls (these are not women from the sounds of them) get a hold of that knowledge!

Quite honestly I really don't expect that most girls who apply for this sort of thing would be necessarily mature - possibly, but I think most have the little girl expecting a prince to "save them" and "sweep them off their feet" rather than understand a real true relationship.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 11:02 pm
I was thinking from the first show that the girl who went on the first date to the opera wasn't physically compatible with him. Her build is too athletic and big. Not FAT, just someone who should date a football player or someone built. So I was glad the Bachelor felt the same way.

Jeannette (got the rose tonight) - no solid opinion of her yet, but I don't think she's his best match. She's real though.

Sadie (the virgin) is cute.

Lisa (the one who got diamond earrings and two roses) is becoming more and more annoying. She's so cocky!!! I can't believe he ASKED TO KISS HER!!! I got goosebumps though (but I hate that I did)!

Erica didn't get a rose! Thank goodness! What a psycho.

I don't think Agnese (italian) will win. Not only is there a language barrier, but I think in her own environment, she's high maintenance and a total ...... mean person. It's probably not easy to see because she's only come off super sweet, but I think it's because she can't express herself and join in with the girls to talk bad about them. This is just from observing her facial expressions in the first two shows when girls would say things she didn't like.

To clarify, I don't think Lorenzo is hot. I agree that he's got that dorky cute quality. I guess I like him because I feel if he wasn't rich and a prince, he would be the kind of guy I dated when I was single. I guess I like dorky cute guys. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 10:51 am
I've always been a Sadie fan, but Jennifer got on my good side too. Their one-on-one date made her seem sincere and "real."

I still don't like the Italian. I think that's the only reason she's there.

Jami, the girl who won the one-on-one the last episode (and sang Opera to him) said she thought the Italian would win. I don't see how, so it will be interesting to see what comes next.

It's interesting to hear what she says about the show, editing, and her perception of the girls.

Quote:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 11:12 am
Did you see the previews for next week? They showed Lisa in a wedding dress (it appears she already has purchased one - at least that is what the show implies). Lisa's sisters ask the bachelor if he knows about Lisa's time line.

Well, I guess Lisa is next to go after that.

At this point I will guess Jennifer to the end - just that she seems at this point the most middle of the road.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 05:41 pm
Bahhh... the bachelor is kinda boring. He's the quiet shy type, so it makes the show a little slow.

I don't think there's really a match with any of the girls.

Obviously Lisa is crazy.

I thought his date with the Italian chick went great. I mean... with the way they kissed and all, it looked like they had sparks, for once.

But... she was booted.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2006 06:15 pm
I think I understand why this guy is a bachelor prince, not only is he dull in a Duddly Doo Wright kind of way, but he is clueless about women. I don't think any of them are a good match and I'm sure whom ever he picks will be just a brief fling before they go their separate ways.

Lisa is one of those wedding wacko women who's obsessed with getting the big poofy dress and prime rib dinner. Any guy can be the groom, so long as she gets her party. What do these women do for the rest of their lives after the big event? Watch their wedding video over and over? She should just become a wedding planner and leave the male population alone.

I thought Jenn's father was scary with that gun. I kept thinking this would make a great TV series in the mode of the The Beverly Hill Billys. They could call it "The Italian Prince Meets The Rednecks".

Sadie is lovely, but I'm always a little suspicious of women who go the "I'm saving myself" route. It's so medieval.

I think they brought back the American Texas Princess as commentator because everyone else is as dull as dishwater. The producers got desperate.

I still think Lorenzo blew off the best girl for him on the first show, I think her name was Rosalie and she was an Italian American working as a makeup artist. I don't know what he didn't see in her, but what do I know? -I'm just a voyeur.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 11:41 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
Bahhh... the bachelor is kinda boring. He's the quiet shy type, so it makes the show a little slow.

I don't think there's really a match with any of the girls.

Obviously Lisa is crazy.

I thought his date with the Italian chick went great. I mean... with the way they kissed and all, it looked like they had sparks, for once.

But... she was booted.

Couldn't see it - In MA, they put Monday night football on ABC (along with it being on ESPN). I did enjoy seeing the Pats, but would have liked to see Lisa go psycho.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:45 pm
I'm so upset that the Bachelor isn't coming on this week. Sad
0 Replies

SusanWilliams69

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 01:22 pm
Isnt this the show where the millionare isnt really a millionare at all and the producers make believe that he is so that the girls go for him?
I havent watched TV in a very long time but Ive heard of a show like the one im reffering to ... is this one it ? Shocked

If so .... Dont the girls who are watching the show get a hint after the first season ? how do they fall for it again?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2006 01:31 pm
I think you're thinking of Joe Millionaire. And depending on where they get their females, they usually don't know about the show. Also, what the ladies are told when they play this "game" is often different than what we see after all the editing has been done and they've been made fools of.

In the case of Joe Millionaire, they shot another season before they even aired their first season. That's at least how I remember it.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 01:02 am
I love when they start falling for each other because you start feeling all romantic and gooey inside. Smile

Psycho Lisa got the boot, so it's down to two.

I love Sadie. She's a sweetheart, BUT I like Jen more with Lorenzo.

This show makes me miss my husband. Cuddling is so underrated.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 08:14 am
I can appreciate Sadie feelings about not wanting to sleep with Lorenzo and I wasn't a virgin when I married my husband, but that doesn't mean after knowing him for a couple of weeks I would have.

Also, staying with him during the night doesn't mean sex. If you trust him then you know he will respect you and not push you. But perhaps she didn't trust herself - maybe that was why she was questioning staying.

I too like Jen better - just seems a better fit for him.

Did you think Lisa was faking crying in the limo - certainly seemed staged to me - almost seemed like she didn't care a whole for him, but wanted it to look that way.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:50 am
I think she was invested enough to produce tears, but I did think Lisa put on an act. I was amazed that while Lorenzo was grilling her, she didn't seem phased. She answered the questions, but feel a need to throw it on thick, which is what I would do if someone thought I was there for the wrong reasons, and I may lose.

I think Sadie is a sweet girl, but there are times I feel she's too much. I mean.. i think she's really into Lorenzo and not fake, but maybe too innocent for Lorenzo.
0 Replies

SusanWilliams69

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 03:12 pm
Thank you for Clarifying Joe Millionare from this Show ,I thOught it was the same one .
Also I hadnt consider the fact that they couls record different seasons
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 01:07 am
This one wasn't as "magical" other ones have been.

I still got a smile on my face when they played the flashbacks at the end of them together. They make a good couple. I just don't like Lorenzo. His personality is too much like my old college roommate, who I would never date.

Otherwise, it was all blaghh...

Lt Andy Baldwin (doctor), the next Bachelor, IS HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!! Lt means Captain (O-3) in the Navy right? I will be all over that season. Mr. J will be home from Iraq *crosses fingers* so he can wipe my drool. Laughing
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 08:52 am
On my goodness - you are right he is a hotty! I thought it was cruel to have the two sets of parents with the two women at brunch - simply cruel. I can't imagine what one would gain from that. I do think they make a good couple, but Lorenzo is a bit of a bore, however, I did like it when he showed his sense of humor.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 08:53 am
As your hubby will be back for the next one - does he like to watch?

Curious as my hubby was in the Marines and he does like to watch...funny how such a manly man type would like a show like this.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:44 am
Umm... I only watch this because I promised Mr. J I would. Grr. It's not my favorite show. I feel after the first season, it lost its spark. It's still better than other shows that are on, but if I had my choice, I would have been watching Heros. Very Happy

All the guys I know like it, and they make up all these silly reasons to why... but I know it's because they LOVE looking at all these women. Helps them have sweet dreams at night. Laughing
0 Replies