Anyone watching The Bachelor?

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 01:13 pm
I know there aren't a lot of people who are reality tv crazy, but thought I'd check. I love talking about the shows I watch Smile

Every season seems to have the token...

psycho (last season didn't they have that doctor who was obsessed with having kids because her clock was ticking)

and

black girl who never gets picked, which makes me think they should have a black bachelor? ...but it almost feels like that's not what people want to see, but I guess that could be a food for thought topic

that's just my pov.

Anyway, disappoints me that the girl from houston tx (wore tiara) seems to be a fruitcake since that's where mr. joah is from! I like the girl he gave the 1st rose to. They seemed to immediately connect the second she got out of the car. Then there was another one who reminded me of Sarah from that one season (where she hooks up with the guy who has a brother who is a movie/tv star).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,711 • Replies: 44
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 02:07 pm
I wish I could help you out, but I'm only into Big Bro. Oh, and The Flavor of Love as well. Now THAT'S a bachelor show.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 02:58 pm
I love flavor of love, but know it's trash. Laughing

It's weird to say as trashy as he is... and he is... he comes off geniune and sincere.

I keep thinking that if New York gets picked, there will have to be another spin off. Like Strange Love, but this one would be Psycho Love. Her mom is just as crazy. I hope she's just acting because I'd hate to meet someone as stupid as her. She tops Anna Nicole, imo.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:04 pm
O-K I admit it - I saw this show last night. I was changing stations and saw part of it and like a train wreck I was drawn. Now what the heck is some Prince searching on TV for a wife? And the girls (no these are not women) are thinking they are going to be a Princess "and live the fairytale." I mean my 7 year old is not even naive enough to realize the title is meaningless.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:09 pm
Well, he's really just a rich american boy from the way he tells it. He's been in the US since he was 2, so it seems like all he really carries is "the title."

I imagine he doesn't have trouble "meeting girls" ...rather finding one he's in love with.

Okay, I'm just trying to step into his shoes by comparing it to what my husband said when he was single. Some people always say "why is a good looking guy still single at 30, etc" ...when truth is, they aren't baggage, not bad-looking, not many other labels. ...just have come close but no wedding date with girls. I don't know...

This has never been my favorite reality show. I've always chosen other things to watch. However, this was the only show Mr. Joah could get in Iraq, so all the soldiers would sit and watch it. Funny image. Since then, he's been obsessed with it. I'm sure the beautiful women have no part in that reason Wink
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:17 pm
I don't necessarily think he would have a problem finding girls and I have no issue with being in your 30s and not married - as a matter of fact I was in my 30s when I got married. Had lots of dates/boyfriends, but had no reason to get married - I frequently did get that "why aren't you married" question - guess there was no one good enough (ha ha).

The thing is those girls are all gushing about being a princess and he is a prince - come on face reality (no pun intended) - he is a rich guy fairly good looking (in my opinion a little bit dorky) with a title only.

One thing that struck me was that I didn't realize that those girls pay for their dresses and their plane fare. I figured they allowed them to choose dresses to borrow and the network foot the bill for the airfare. I used to think if I was single it might be fun simply for the free vacation and the great places the get to go to and places to see. Now that I realize they are supposed to foot the bill, it makes them seem either more desperate or simply out to seek publicity.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:21 pm
Waving to Jo!!! Very Happy

Look how big he's getting! Seems like only yesterday you were getting married and moving to Alaska. Hope all is well with you.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:23 pm
I love how nice everyone is here when I get the chance to post. Makes me miss this place! Mr. Joah is back in Iraq for a year, so I may have more time Smile

I didn't know they had to pay for their dresses!!!I was doing many things at once, so I missed some of it (if they said it on the show).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:31 pm
Yeah one girl was saying she sold her car so she could come on the show.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:33 pm
I got swept into it unexpectantly too. I swore I wasn't going to watch it but my 14 year old wanted to. What I think is funny is that I got to tell my daughter exactly what you don't do when you want to impress a guy. You don't get skunkin' drunk like the RN. Very lovely girl but obviously can't control her liquor
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:49 pm
My niece loves this show and we watch it with a couple of her teen friends. My niece and her friends like to tear everyone apart. They check out the hair, the clothing, the come-on lines etc. We all feel manipulated by the editing. Half the women the guy picked didn't get more than a couple of seconds of camera time. After all the focus on the make-up artist who spoke Italian (Roselie) we thought she was going to be in for the long run.

I know what you mean Marty about being examples of what not to do when trying to get a date, but the guy did pick the aggressive, loose boobed woman who practically did a lap dance for him.

I didn't know they had to pay their own way - bummer. Personally, I could never imagine being on such a show. It's so public, it's bad enough being dumped in real life. It must be a thousand times worse doing it in front of a few million people.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 09:24 pm
Quote:
I know what you mean Marty about being examples of what not to do when trying to get a date, but the guy did pick the aggressive, loose boobed woman who practically did a lap dance for him.

yeah, I almost forgot about that Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 10:22 am
I think the network encourages the Bachelors to pick women that are likely to be or cause drama - makes for good ratings. I mean typically these guys at least tend to pick the more normal women. My husband once said the Bachelor probably knows almost from the start who he is going to choose in the end. He said he knew right away about me in that sense. The others are just there for entertainment.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:05 pm
you mean... there to get in the spa with Wink
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 12:46 pm
The girl from Houston is psycho. She's the one that said on the first episode "i flew in coach for you." ...and most recently complained she didn't have a maid and had to share her room.

I don't know what to think of the girl who got a rose (and I think earrings) the very first night and last night. I thought she was real cute, but she is coming off a little cocky.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 12:57 pm
He is such a hottie! I don't think he has much to choose from thogh the blonde who is saving herself for marriage seems like a good match for him so far.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 01:01 pm
Do they ever do follow-ups? I didn't think the last couple where such a great match (he was a doctor and she was a teacher). My niece told me one couple actually did get married, but I wasn't watching back then.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 03:59 pm
They do follow ups all the time, but you mostly hear about it in the tabloids. Laughing

The couple that got married get on my nerves. Not the guy, just Triston ...the cheerleader. She seems so egotistical.

The last couple who were on Bachelor broke up before the show finale aired. They were from the same town. they had to wait 3 months before they could "see" each other, and that is what tore them apart. I thought the guy was a good catch all-around. Wasn't desperate, wasn't conceited, ....just happened to be someone at a bar one night that the producers grabbed. He didn't even apply for the show.

The bachelor this time around does seem to be cute. I like that he doesn't seem to be too emotional. I like guys who show their emotions through their actions and don't get too wrapped up in just "words."
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 04:09 pm
Joahaeyo wrote:

The last couple who were on Bachelor broke up before the show finale aired. They were from the same town. they had to wait 3 months before they could "see" each other, and that is what tore them apart. "

Gee, 3 months doesn't seem so long to wait for your perfect mate. We live in such an instant gratification society. Thanks Joahaeyo.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 09:00 pm
I have to admit I watched it the other night...figured why not?

I'd like to say that the girl from Houston really irks me to no end. She's a 23 yo with the emotional maturity of a 3 year old. I loved it when the brat asked if she could hire one of the other girls to be her maid? That she noticed there were none. That her bedroom at home was twice the size of the one she was in....could she not have a room to herself? Poor lil baby... I hope she gets axed quickly.......I figure she'll have daddy sue...lol Reminds me of a Paris Hilton wannabe. And don't even get me started on Paris Hilton..... Shocked

Ok, gotta make one more statement on her, she's very insecure. Have you noticed that when she encounters anyone, she automatically starts to run her hands through her hair...stroking it. She grabs ahold of it, and starts pulling it downward. DRIVES ME CRAZY.........LOL I wanted to reach through the TV and slap her hands the other night...

The other one...the girl that got drunk on the beach? To hear her tell it, she was just napping. >Snort< The whole world watched her pass out on her ass, and she can't admit she can't handle her liquor and just got drunk? LOL

Ok..the bachelor. Kinda dorky, kinda nice looking...I wouldn't personally find myself attracted to him, but he's living a few thousand mens dream of being fought over by a dozen women. He's even admitted that himself. He's just in it for the publicity.....

The women in general. First off, I didn't see anyone of them that stood out more than the other. Honestly, in my opinion...they aren't all that much of what I would call "knock outs". And very immature to boot. Some I would even go as far as to call slutty...acting.

But like others I found myself sitting there wishing the commercials would hurry up, I wanted to see who got axed. I'll watch it next week if I'm around to see it. True love on this one? Naaaaaaa

I wish they'd let me pick the women though.....I'd mix it up a bit more then the usual cookie cutter mold they are getting all these from.
0 Replies