The Bumhunter and Bumfights

Linkat

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:58 am
Anyone ever watch these DVDs? If so, what is the attraction?

Bumfights is a series of popular DVDs in which homeless people perform degrading stunts for which they are paid a few dollars and a lot of alcohol. They also include clips of teenagers fighting. The DVDs cost about $20 and have sold 300,000 copies over the last five years.

An actor calling himself "the Bumhunter," along with some of the film-makers, actually attack sleeping homeless people, tying them up and gagging them with duct tape.

If some one did the same thing to a dog or cat, there would be outrage - instead these idiots are making money from assaulting helpless people - many who are mentally ill.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,185 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 04:38 pm
It's revolting, no question, but people used to attend public hangings and bear baiting, and pay money to see crazy people in Bedlam. Not to mention the Roman circus!

There's always been an audience for cruelty--only the technology has changed.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 04:55 pm
There is outrage over it.

I can see how bumfights got popular quick. If I were walking down the street and saw two bums get into a fight, I'd laugh my ass off. It's probably one of those dvd's I'd watch once, laugh, then never watch it again unless I was hammered.

I think the Bumhunter is stupid. I watched a couple clips online, and first off, the guy just isn't funny at all, using his awful crochunter accent. Second, it is pretty bad attacking people like that. I'd love to hear some bum he attacked ended up stabbing him. See, even I have a line.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:59 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I'd love to hear some bum he attacked ended up stabbing him. See, even I have a line.

Now that would be funny!
0 Replies