Clown is Running For Mayor

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:53 am
For years, I have always believed that the government, at most levels, is being run by a bunch of clowns. Now a REAL clown is attempting to capture the mayoral votes in Alameda, California:

Quote:
A real clown is running for mayor of Alameda, and even his sister won't vote for him.
Kenneth Kahn, 41, a professional joker known as "Kenny the Clown," admits he's running a long-shot campaign for City Hall's top spot. Kahn has not previously run for an elected position and has never sat on a public board.

"People ask me, 'Do we really want to elect a clown for mayor of the city?'" he said. "I say, 'That's an excellent question.'"

Kahn's mother, Barbara, said her son doesn't have a chance, and Sylvia Kahn, a teacher, said her brother's candidacy is a "mockery of our system."

"I don't think it makes any sense, because, to me, running for mayor is not where you start as far as community involvement goes," she said.

In November, the funnyman who graduated from the University of California at Berkeley, faces incumbent Beverly Johnson and City Councilman Doug deHaan.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/03/D8KH6DMO0.html

Personally, I think that it is a great idea. If ersatz clowns are running the government, and doing a piss poor job at that, maybe a REAL clown will restore some sense to government. What do YOU think? Even if he is a lousy leader, at least he can get his constituents to laugh, which is more than you can say about other people running the country.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,043 • Replies: 7
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 07:57 am
Re: Clown is Running For Mayor
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Even if he is a lousy leader, at least he can get his constituents to laugh, which is more than you can say about other people running the country.

Oh, I laugh at them all the time!! :-D
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:00 am
sozobe wrote:
Oh, I laugh at them all the time!!

soz- The idea is for a leader to get people to laugh WITH them, not AT them. Our officials have apparently not mastered that skill! Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:05 am
Are you sure that's not CoastalRat?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 10:22 am
So... what's he doing to distinguish himself from his opponent?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 11:37 am
It really isn't me Kicky. But I think it is just about time that the clown minority stand up for our rights, and the first step is to run for office. I may have to move to Alameda just to vote for my fellow funnyman.

Hmmm, I may have to consider a run for the governorship of SC if this clown is successful. After all, I know I'm much funnier than he is.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 02:45 pm
I'd vote for you. Even if you are one of them crazy republican-types. I can't help myself, I just love the big shoes.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 03:06 pm
So it's sort of like Jerry Springer in reverse.
0 Replies