So, Wait -- I Didn't Get the Job?

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:34 am
As if it wasn't hard enough getting a job

So, Wait -- I Didn't Get the Job?
17 minutes ago Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - A note to all job seekers: you know that your employment interview did not go well when your prospective boss calls the police in to arrest you.

Anthony Kaleb Phillips, 20, was hauled away from an interview for a job with a construction company in Stillwater, Oklahoma last week after employees recognized the job applicant as the person seen on a surveillance videotape robbing the same business just one day before, police said on Monday.

Phillips is expected to be arraigned this week on burglary charges for stealing a $100 tool from the construction company and about $1,000 worth of items from an employee's car parked at the office, court officials said.

"When he went out there to apply for the job, there was no one there. So he just helped himself to some items and left," said Payne County Undersheriff Kenneth Willerton. "However, he was caught on videotape."

A day after the robbery, Phillips applied for a job with the construction company, and was arrested. Needless to say, he didn't get the job.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,415 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:35 am
but, dude - the ad said to bring tools!
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 10:36 am
Maybe he mistook construction for destruction.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 11:03 am
Perhaps he was just getting a better handle on the aspects of the position
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 11:33 am
There's a local monthly humor paper around here, Hoot, which carries the "News of the Weird." Great stuff in there--one guy burglarized a convenient store, and then stopped to fill in an application for a drawing, and stuffed it in the box--which was emptied each night when the store closed. The police were by to talk to him in the morning. Several years ago, when those goofy running shoes with lights in the heels were popular, there were several stories of stick-up men who were tracked through woods and neighborhoods at a leisurely pace, because the police could see where they were going. My favorite stupid criminal story, though, is the guy who robbed a bank, and wrote the stick-up note on the back of one of his own deposit slips. The police were waiting for him when he got home.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 06:00 pm
LOL! What a moron.
0 Replies