What to do about Iran

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:27 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

In the end it is immaterial how anyone feels about the question. The decision is a Constitutional responsiblity of the sitting President, and he will make the decision he feels is best for the nation. He might be wrong, but he alone will have to judge whether he did his duty or not until the judgement of history is made a hundred years or more from now.

According to article 1 of said Constitution, the responsibility to declare war should belong to the Congress ... not the president.

The Congress has the duty to stand up to the president if he plunges the country in to a more disasterous war than either Iraq or Vietnam.

I don't think even Bush is this stupid, and I don't think the American people would stand for the inevitably costly mess-- in lives and money, that would ensue.

Yea, congress voted to give George Bush the authority to go to war with Iraq. Why have you fought the congress on that then? Your logic is prejudiced and not reputable one bit.

It is wimpy left wing thinking like this that could cost us our sovereignty if we allow Iran to continue it's totalitarian hate war against our way of life.

This next election will again teach these pansy radical left wing John Kerry clone democrats to not be such cowards.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:43 pm
Suprisingly I agree with your assessment of, and your feelings toward, the wimpy, cowardly Democrats. (Except if your assessment of Kerry as left-wing is laughable from where I sit).

As far as your prediction for the next election, no sense arguing seeing as it is just a few weeks away.

We will see what happens then!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 06:09 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Suprisingly I agree with your assessment of, and your feelings toward, the wimpy, cowardly Democrats. (Except if your assessment of Kerry as left-wing is laughable from where I sit).

As far as your prediction for the next election, no sense arguing seeing as it is just a few weeks away.

We will see what happens then!

Yes, the dems have not really been the "do nothing" party...

They have more been the obstruct everything and then do nothing party.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 06:21 pm
I hope we get the chance to see what they will do in the majority.

Again, we will have to wait to see if this happens... but only little more than a month!
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 02:45 am
Dartagnan wrote:
Asherman wrote:
Whatever this administration decides ... I will support.

Bush needs people like you. Desperately!

He already has enough Laughing .
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2006 08:04 am
Ellinas wrote:
Dartagnan wrote:
Asherman wrote:
Whatever this administration decides ... I will support.

Bush needs people like you. Desperately!

He already has enough Laughing .

Maybe a few more people would help unite the world in peace and security... Did that ever cross your mind?
0 Replies