On Birth Control, no period

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 12:01 pm
I am on birth control and have been since last January. I was suppose to get my period this week and I never got it. Sometimes my period has been very, very light and only lasted a day or two, but I have never not gotten it at all. I have had sex in the past month a few times but my boyfriend and I also used a condom each time to ensure that we would not get pregnant. Is a skipped period normal? I have also been under a lot of stress lately with work and not sleeping that much. Is this something I should be worried about? Is there a risk I could possibly be pregnant at all?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,564 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 12:25 pm
Nothing is 100%. Get a home pregnancy test and find out for sure. Either way, though, see a doctor. There can be lots of reasons for missing a period besides pregancy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 12:28 pm
I agree with Swimpy. There's no point in worrying when you're not sure there is something to worry about.

Stress can cause you to skip periods--but so can sperm. In your case, stress sounds more likely, but some sperm are very enterprising.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2006 01:56 pm
Yep, do the test and get some reassurance. If you're already late then the test results will be accurate.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 11:41 am
If taken as instructed the pill is over 99% effective. As others said it nothing but abstinence is 100%. It is extremely common to miss a period while taking the pill. I have taken the pill for about 15 years (except while pregnant - each planned) and have several times missed my period - usually this happens when I am more stressed than usual, but not always. It is highly unlikely you are pregnant, but to ease your stress it would be best to take a test - the test will work as early as the first day of your expected period.
0 Replies