Would You Buy A Used Car From Hillary Clinton?

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:24 am
Hillary Clinton, in two separate interviews, claimed that she has no intention to run for President in 2008.

Link to Hillary is not Running for President in 2008

Do you think that she is sincere, or do you think that this is simply a ploy to "test the waters" in order to discern the level of support that she has throughout the country?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 972 • Replies: 11
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:26 am
I think that if the polls went her way she would definitely run. I like her well enough to vote for her.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:09 am
I think she's smart enough to know that 2004 is waaay to early to run but whether she runs in 2008 or not will depend on what happens in 2004. If a Dem wins in 2004 then the party isn't going to cast them out to have her run in 2008. If Bush wins again then maybe she'll jump in in 2008 but I'd look for her in 2012 one way or the other.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:25 am
I think Fishin' has a good line there . . .

And i wouldn't buy a used car from anyone with whom i was not personally acquainted . . .
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:49 am
I doubt that she would throw her hat into the ring. However if asked to run, {drafted} am sure she would. The chance of that happening is slim to none.
Would I buy a used car from Hillary? More likely to buy one from her than the present occupant of the White House.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:46 am
My wife watched those interviews with Hill. I didn't waste my time knowing that she wouldn't say anything any other woman would say under similar circumstances. I was hurt, I didn't speak to him, I couldn't believe it, etc, etc. etc....... What a waste of time. Am I right or wrong? I think it was all self-serving. But for her, she got 8 million, and as Barnam said, "there's a sucker born every minute" to purchase her book. c.i.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:48 am
I would have bought the car, but I am not sure whether she knows where all the exhaust pipe of the car has been.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:32 am
I would (figuratively) buy a used-car from her -- and like au, I would feel more comfortable with the idea than with Bush or any of his handlers.

I would not be shocked out of my mind if Hillary ended up on the bottom on the next Democratic ticket. I think Gore hurt himself fatally by dissing Bill Clinton throughout his election campaign.

I would vote for Hillary in a heartbeat.
0 Replies

Munch

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 11:08 am
That's why she wrote the book. Kinda weakens the Democrats in time for 2004, but not im time for 2008.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:43 pm
Munch- Hillary, IMO, has a "master plan". It would be political suicide for her to run against an incumbent, especially one who has been doing so well in the polls. So she is biding her time.............
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 01:57 pm
I wouldn't even buy a used car from a car salesman. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 02:04 pm
Phoenix

Her best bet is to take the second spot -- and my guess is that the Democrats will be in a fix come convention time that almost demands that they ask her to take on that burden.

We'll see.

All I can do is hope -- because the only person I ever wanted to vote for more was Bobby Kennedy.
0 Replies