Conservative propaganda feeds the sheep

JTT

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 05:50 pm
Quote:
I was like an anthropologist going out into a foreign land and listening in to those raving right-wing talk shows. It was extraordinary what I learned about how these shows worked, about what they're saying. You can see how the perceptions of many people in America are molded by them.

So I think there should be much better coverage of that. That would be one way, in a sense, of documenting the excesses of what gets aired. I heard Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, and Michael Savage say things that made my jaw drop, because of their ugliness, inaccuracy, or extremity. It would be great if the Times had a regular column or some reporter covering that world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eat-the-press/2006/09/22/critical-massing-the-pre_e_30005.html

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 413 • Replies: 1
No top replies

JTT

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 06:34 pm
More conservative propaganda and look at how well it's doing. Has it even been released yet and already, check out the price?

Bill O'Reilly is representative of the idiots who are feeding that large mass of idiots who voted for the idiot. Why is it that conservatives seek to model themselves after idiots or seek to have idiots represent them?

Quote:

Amazon.com

Culture Warrior (Hardcover)
by Bill O'Reilly (Author)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $26.00
Price: $15.60

http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Warrior-Bill-OReilly/dp/0767920929/sr=1-1/qid=1159057151/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-3470428-6698338?ie=UTF8&s=books

Quote:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200609220010

"My goal," Bill O'Reilly writes in the introduction to his latest book, Culture Warrior -- which goes on sale September 25 and which he will promote on today's 20/20 and on Good Morning America on the day of its release, "is to expose and defeat people who have the power to do you great harm. My weapons will be facts and superior analysis based on those facts." But if "facts" and "superior analysis" are what readers are after, they may want to look elsewhere. Media Matters' review of Culture Warrior shows the book to be replete with factual errors, rank hypocrisy, and ad hominem attacks directed at anyone who has crossed swords with O'Reilly.

But this is hardly uncharacteristic. Throughout the book, O'Reilly presents as "facts" things that are simply wrong, or in some cases appear to be made up.

Words from conservatives, made up; that's impossible!
0 Replies