GOOD NEWS! I would not willingly leave my two dogs behind. ---BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 233 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:26 pm
First let me say I am an animal lover of the highest order and I have always had pets that I have gone to great lenghts to protect.

Next let me say that I think this is one of those "feel good" bills that everyone can applaud but nothing will ever get done about.

When I lived in Galveston we were evacuated. We were damn lucky to find a hotel that would accept our pets. This was an orderly and well coordinated evacuation and we were paying our own way. It was still very difficult.

I was visiting Texas when Katrina hit and worked at a shelter. It was chaos. It was awful for the people having to stay there. It was a warehouse. I can't even begin to imagine what it might have been like if pets had to have been cared for there too.

Right now America can't pay for **** and the debt keeps running up and up and up. I would love to know where the funds to pay for this are expected to come from.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 02:21 am
I want to know why they are going to let other people suffer so that someone can bring a pet. During Katrina they were using helicopters to evac people. In a case like that who is going to be left so that some selfish person can bring fido with them. I know people love their pets and I feel for them, but people do come first and not animals.
0 Replies