Now More Than Ever......

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 12:11 pm
"remember, they tried to kill my daddy"

Only flaw in the validity of this statement is that it sets forth the idea that a Bush is capable of the kind of love or feelings that would want them to exact revenge, even for one of their own. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,181 • Replies: 11
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 12:14 pm
I figure it was a stupid attempt to gain public sympathy rather than a statement of his honest feelings.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 12:48 pm
Since when did the United States Military become available to resolve personnel vendettas?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 03:28 pm
Since January 5th. 2001.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 04:34 pm
A child makes childish statements.
0 Replies

Scipio

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:37 pm
...But he does not get elected President of the glorious United States of America. Saying such a thing is insulting half the country.

The real children are those countries like France and Russia who did not want to go to was so they could keep their oil deals intact. Never mind the innocent. The real children are the Asian countries locked up in their religious ferver. Never mind them! Let's just call someone who speaks English differently than we do a child.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:38 pm
No, it's just insulting Bush.

You're not part of the family, are you, Scip?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 07:28 pm
yeah, the ones whose votes were allowed to count, scip :wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 07:44 pm
Scipio,

France and Russia were not opposed to the war because of oil deals any more than the US supported the war for oil.

It's a common accusation on both sides that the war was motivated by oil or that the opposition was motivated by oil but neither argument holds water.
0 Replies

Scipio

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 08:31 pm
The sad thing is we'll never know =[

Quote:
France and Russia were not opposed to the war because of oil deals any more than the US supported the war for oil.

Can you prove this? This isn't a challenge, I've just never heard anyone say it who I thought could back it up. Enlighten me please (no matter what I do to try to make this sound less like a challenge or a threat or whatever, it's coming out that way -- don't take it that way =p)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 09:54 pm
I can't prove it any more so than you can tell me what goes on in other people's minds.

But I can posit arguments:

A) I will not try to state that the US did not go to war for oil because you already agree.

B) in Russia and France the population was overwhelmingly against the war. Most of those people did not have commercial interests in Iraq. This suggests that many of those people did not oppose the war for commercial interest.

C) Those nations' leaders IMO did not oppose the war because of their limited commercial interests. They have far more commercial interest with the US.

D) Those leaders are elected they must heed their population to some extent...

I could go on, let me know if I have to because right now I have to do a few other things.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:34 pm
"
But the folks who nearly did kill Poppa, twice, in 1944:

Quote:
"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times." Tokyo, Japan, Feb. 18, 2002

Which Bush can wear wings?
0 Replies