Tate reveals £12m purchases and blockbusters to come

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 12:59 am
Details of the Tate's spending on art has been a closely guarded secret in the past, but yesterday the institution divulged full particulars of what it had paid for all works acquired over the past two years.

The publication of the Tate's multimillion-pound shopping list came as the institution published its biennial report and announced details of upcoming exhibitions, including a major Hogarth blockbuster; a retrospective of all the Turner prizes since the award's inception in 1984; and a special commission by Jake and Dinos Chapman.

Full online report in The Guardian
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 479 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:26 am
Interesting to see the list. I'm going to have to look up some of the names - not Reynolds or Ofili though.

Thinking about storage...

and that reminded me of reading the first half of the autobiography by Kenneth Clark. (I can't remember, either it was two volumes and I only had one, or just didn't finish the book.) He was involved in moving treasured paintings from London during WWII, quite the undertaking at the time.
0 Replies