dyslexia wrote:
"clash of civilizations"? Hardly.

Explain Dys?

In a word, economics.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:51 am
MarionT wrote:
The arrogant Americans also plunged the world into war in 1914 and 1941.

So, you're saying Gavrilo Princep was an American? Or do you mean that he was an American stooge, perhaps you allege the Black Hand was financed and directed by the Americans?

As for 1941, all those Poles, Russians, Czechs, Danes, Norwegians, Belgians, French, Etheopians, Egyptians, Lybians, Koreans and Chinese who died before December, 1941 just imagined there was a war going on?

Do you just make this **** up, or do you have a lunatic fringe web site you visit for this drivel?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 09:18 am
Atavistic wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
Atavistic says -
There are plenty of Arabs who do not hate America, but if it came down to a war, whose side are they going to choose?

This kind of thinking has held too much sway. Not everyone in a state or country or region or even in a religion is out to get everybody else. Most are trying to live reasonable lives with family or other associates. Why people think of us all as acting as some kind of amalgamated block forms is beyond me except that it's simpler and politically expedient on various sides.

I don't understand your reasoning. Before World War 2, few Americans had anything against the Germans, but they dutifully fought and died to stop them anyway. It's not about being "out to get somebody." These wars are often beyond the control of the average person. God forbid we got attacked tommorrow by say, China, are you going to say, "well I have nothing against the Chinese so this doesn't involve me?"

Would we then encourage rounding up all the Arab-Americans and putting them in concentration camps, as they did with the Japanese in WW2.
0 Replies

Atavistic

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:02 am
candidone1 wrote:
Atavistic wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
Atavistic says -
There are plenty of Arabs who do not hate America, but if it came down to a war, whose side are they going to choose?

This kind of thinking has held too much sway. Not everyone in a state or country or region or even in a religion is out to get everybody else. Most are trying to live reasonable lives with family or other associates. Why people think of us all as acting as some kind of amalgamated block forms is beyond me except that it's simpler and politically expedient on various sides.

I don't understand your reasoning. Before World War 2, few Americans had anything against the Germans, but they dutifully fought and died to stop them anyway. It's not about being "out to get somebody." These wars are often beyond the control of the average person. God forbid we got attacked tommorrow by say, China, are you going to say, "well I have nothing against the Chinese so this doesn't involve me?"

Would we then encourage rounding up all the Arab-Americans and putting them in concentration camps, as they did with the Japanese in WW2.

That's a completely different topic, but no, I wouldn't support that.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:10 am
Well, it's completely off the thread topic, but it's in direct relation to the question posed by ossobuco.

ossobuco wrote:
There are plenty of Arabs who do not hate America, but if it came down to a war, whose side are they going to choose

Quote:
Japanese American Internment refers to the forcible relocation of approximately 110,000 Japanese and Japanese Americans (62 percent of whom were United States citizens) from the west coast during World War II to hastily constructed housing facilities called "War Relocation Camps" in remote portions of the nation's interior.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt authorized the internment with Executive Order 9066, which allowed local military commanders to designate "military areas" as "exclusion zones", from which "any or all persons may be excluded." Twelve days later, this power was used to declare that all people of Japanese ancestry were excluded from the entire Pacific coast, including all of California and most of Oregon and Washington. In 1944, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the exclusion, removal, and detention, arguing that it is permissible to curtail the civil rights of a racial group when there is a "pressing public necessity".

Source
0 Replies

Atavistic

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:41 am
I am fully aware what was done to the Japanese. I was referring to non-American Arabs. I would fully expect any Americans of Arab descent to be loyal to America.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 11:06 am
Atavistic wrote:
I am fully aware what was done to the Japanese. I was referring to non-American Arabs. I would fully expect any Americans of Arab descent to be loyal to America.

Gotcha.
My bad.
0 Replies

Atavistic

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 11:58 am
candidone1 wrote:
Atavistic wrote:

Gotcha.
My bad.

No problem.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 02:52 pm
Atavistic, given your qualification--"I am fully aware what was done to the Japanese. I was referring to non-American Arabs. I would fully expect any Americans of Arab descent to be loyal to America"--you are now only half-wrong. I do not think ALL Arabs are islamists. Just as not all Muslims should conclude that all Americans are Islamophobes.

BTW, Ossobuco's position is admirably sober and reasonable.
0 Replies

paull

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 11:27 pm
Clash of civilisations? I am no slave to hyperbolie, so I am reluctant to agree. But this MIGHT be it. Muslims are, apparently, idiots, with no sense of decorum about the abuse of children as soldiers, civilians as shields, or uniforms. We, meaning the educated west, can kill most of them as they make newsreels blowing up some unfortunates. I like our chances. It should be a short "clash" if the right person is in charge.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 11:36 pm
Pauli, if you are referring to ALL muslims I recommend some kind of medical care.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 11:36 pm
Pauli, if you are referring to ALL muslims I recommend some kind of medical care.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 06:07 am
I third that.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 12:08 am
Of course, the apologists for the Bush regime and for FDR and Wilson would never admit that the US is now and has been a nation bent on wielding its massive power over the whole world. The US did cause the wars in 1914 and 1941. Only the US defenders would hold that to be incorrect. Again, you must ask the question- Who Profits? In both wars, it was the United States!
0 Replies

mrcool011

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 12:40 am
MarionT wrote:
Of course, the apologists for the Bush regime and for FDR and Wilson would never admit that the US is now and has been a nation bent on wielding its massive power over the whole world. The US did cause the wars in 1914 and 1941. Only the US defenders would hold that to be incorrect. Again, you must ask the question- Who Profits? In both wars, it was the United States!

What nation is not? Every nation wants all the power and is trying to get it.

The wars of 1914 and 1941 i assume you're talking about ww1-2. Yes America started them Rolling Eyes

During that time we kept to ourselves and were very isolated. We had no part in those wars stating. In both wars it was the US that came into the war to help secure peace in Europe. You dont seem to know much about History

ww1 was started because of many reasons, and set off by the assisination of franz ferdidnand, ww2 was started by Germany....
0 Replies

Atavistic

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:16 am
MarionT wrote:
The US did cause the wars in 1914 and 1941. Only the US defenders would hold that to be incorrect. Again, you must ask the question- Who Profits? In both wars, it was the United States!

There really is something wrong with you, isn't there?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 06:23 am
MarionT wrote:

Possum you ignorant slut, you know very well that Grenada caused both world wars and was certainly invloved in both Korea and Vietnam.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 03:22 am
When you look for the people who caused the wars you must always ask yourself who benefits. In the cases of the first and second world wars, the US benefitted.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 02:57 pm
You still have not explained how the United States caused Princep to assassinate the Arch Duke. You still have not explained how the United States engineered the Italian invasion of Etheopia, the Japanese invasion of China, the German annexation of Czechoslovakia, and the German invasion of Poland, Denmark, Norway, Holland, Belgium and France.

This oughta be good . . .
0 Replies