Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 619 • Replies: 15
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 04:34 pm
http://www.fluctuat.net/blog/IMG/el-asesino.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 05:53 pm
In all fairness, how would he know any more about it than the man on the street?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 06:15 pm
From what I've read Chavez is saying there's reason for an international investigation. "By the NewsMax.com Staff"
Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2006 3:12 p.m. EDT
Hugo Chavez: Sept. 11 Conspiracy Plot 'Not Absurd'

President Hugo Chavez said Tuesday that it's at least plausible that the U.S. government was involved in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Chavez did not specifically accuse the U.S. government of having a hand in the Sept. 11 attacks, but rather suggested that theories of U.S. involvement bear examination.

The Venezuelan leader, an outspoken critic of U.S. President George W. Bush, was reacting to a television report investigating a theory that the Twin Towers were brought down with explosives after hijacked airplanes crashed into them in 2001.

"The hypothesis is not absurd ... that those towers could have been dynamited," Chavez said in a speech to supporters. "A building never collapses like that, unless it's with an implosion."

"The hypothesis that is gaining strength ... is that it was the same U.S. imperial power that planned and carried out this terrible terrorist attack or act against its own people and against citizens of all over the world," Chavez said.

"Why? To justify the aggressions that immediately were unleashed on Afghanistan, on Iraq."

Chavez has said the U.S. launched those wars to ensure its political and economic power.

The U.S. government says al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden masterminded the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

"A plane supposedly crashed into the Pentagon, but no one ever found a single remnant of that plane," Chavez said, citing a television program he had seen on Venezuela's state television.

Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro raised the same theories in an earlier speech Tuesday, and called for an independent investigation.

"It's really worrisome to think that all of that could have been a great conspiracy against humanity," Maduro said. "An independent international investigation must be carried out one day to discover the truth about the events of Sept. 11."
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:17 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
In all fairness, how would he know any more about it than the man on the street?

Canada's PM doesn't believe the Bush administration was behind the attacks.
Ahmadinejad doesn't believe Israel should exist.
Bush believed there was a connection between Saddam and bin Laden.

The big question is, so what?

That one opines on a certain matter, does not entail that that opinion is valid.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:26 pm
Sure-Make Excuses for Bushie who has led us into war and caused the deaths of thousands of innocents in order to get to Iraq's Oil. Doesn't anybody know that Oil is like gold and if you don't have it your economy comes to a grinding halt? Chavez is not afraid of Bushie, so he tells the truth. Most of the other countries attending the conference agree with Chavez.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:28 pm
candidone1 wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Canada's PM doesn't believe the Bush administration was behind the attacks.
Ahmadinejad doesn't believe Israel should exist.
Bush believed there was a connection between Saddam and bin Laden.

The big question is, so what?

That one opines on a certain matter, does not entail that that opinion is valid.

Well said, candidone. The extreme leftwingnuts are begining to quote Chavez the way the Red Chinese used to quote Mao. If Chavez said it, then it must be true. Opinions are like anal cavities. Everbody has one.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 02:57 pm
Calling someone an extreme leftwingnut does not address the issue. The issue is addressed when you can prove that the Bushies did not cause 9/11. I don't remember ever reading of heads of state who said that FDR caused Pearl Harbor! So why would Chavez try to blame Bushie? Chavez, as a head of state, obviously has access to proof that shows that Bushie and the Jews were the cause of 9/11.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:13 pm
I think that you have used the term "obviously" far too generously.

I'm not prepared to say that because Chavez is a head of state, he possesses incriminating empirical evidence to back up his claim about the Bush administrations' alleged involvement in 9/11.
If I do that, I must also accept the claim that because Harper is a head of state, he must have evidence to back up his claim that the Bush administration was not involved in the 9/11 attacks.

Their respective positions in the international arena do not qualify them to make unsubstantiated claims.
What is needed for the conspiracy theorists is the proverbial smoking gun....and to this date, they have been unable to pony up.

If this was in fact such an elaborate false flag, time will be its enemy, and we will have the "deep throat" of 9/11 confess a few decades down the road.

I'm prepared to cast doubt upon the official version, but accept it until there is something more concrete than "Loose Change II".
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:20 pm
Sure-accept the official version for now, and the two bogus elections and the insane murdering of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan and the decline of what was once a booming economy and the fact that millions of American children are going hungry.

Accept all those things for now and the fundamentalists led by Bushie will hold on to power in November and cause even more harm to our nation until 2008's election.

How many brave young American boys must die in Iraq and Afghanistan to keep a lie afloat?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 05:25 pm
MarionT wrote:
The issue is addressed when you can prove that the Bushies did not cause 9/11. .

Wrong again, Marion. The shoe is on the other foot. You have to prove that he -- or they -- did cause 9/11. A head of state of another nation, one who is on record as being vehemently opposed to the current US administration, saying that such is the case does not constitute anything close to acceptable evidence. It would never be allowed in a courtroom. The defendant doesn't have to prove his/her innocence; the accuser has to prove guilt. All you folks have come up with so far are accusations and innuendoes. I have yet to see one shred of credible evidence.

I take a back-seat to nobody in my dislike of the Bush cabal and that gang of cuttrhoats he has gathered about him in Washington. That's a different matter. It must and will be dealt with at the polls. People like you and Freedom4Free and the rest of the lunatic fringe here on A2K aren't helping matters any by making the rest of us anti-Bush people look like we're in your demented camp. My hate of the Bush administration is exceeded only by my love of rational thought and reasonable and fair judicial process. I see none of that from you guys.
0 Replies

paull

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:37 pm
Quote:

But then what about this forum? You mean it is mostly BS? OH NO!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:39 pm
Quote:
Venezuela's Chavez says Bush planned 9/11 attacks

Yeah, so?

He could publicily demonstrate the ability to blow pink bubbles out of his ass which smell like Channel No. 5, and that wouldn't mean squat about his realiability as a source on two organizations, neither of which he is a part--the United States government and al Qaeda.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling ! ! !

-- C. Little
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 11:02 pm
Sure, and the US listens to every idiot in the world like Berlusconi and Howard as long as they parrot the Bushie line. Hasn't anyone read the blogs that prove that 9/11 was a Bushie Jewish conspiracy? Does anyone have an explanation as to why it took so long for the investigation of 9/11 to begin? It took over a year. Why so long? That smells fishy. That positively shows that the perpetrators were trying to cover their tracks before evidence could be dug up! Why is everyone so afraid of the truth?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 06:28 am
MarionT wrote:
Sure, and the US listens to every idiot in the world like Berlusconi and Howard as long as they parrot the Bushie line. Hasn't anyone read the blogs that prove that 9/11 was a Bushie Jewish conspiracy? Does anyone have an explanation as to why it took so long for the investigation of 9/11 to begin? It took over a year. Why so long? That smells fishy. That positively shows that the perpetrators were trying to cover their tracks before evidence could be dug up! Why is everyone so afraid of the truth?

You poor child. I've read some blogs that make my head spin. Not one of them proves anything. It is one thing to make a claim, another to show proof that would stand the test of close scrutiny. Doctored photos, half-arsed conjectures and naive misinterpretations of perfectly explainable facts do not constitute evidence. And what do Berlusconi or Howard or the ghost of Stalin have to do with this? Have they made any wild accusations lately?
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 11:35 pm
No one has yet explained why it took so much time to begin an investigstion into the causes of 9/11. It did not begin for over a year after 9/11. That was enough time to destroy or hide evidence and to browbeat possible key witnesses.
0 Replies