THE BRITISH GROUCHY THREAD.

Mathos

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 07:45 am
I have this compelling desire to eat a rabbit pie with a thick crusty pastry top. Is it true that eating rabbit stops you going bald?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 07:45 am
What rubbish!

(responding to edgar's statement as grumpily as I can.)
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:39 am
Mathos wrote:
I have this compelling desire to eat a rabbit pie with a thick crusty pastry top. Is it true that eating rabbit stops you going bald?

Rolling Eyes

...and I have a different compelling desire, to take that lightning rod and stick it...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:45 am
I take that to mean KP believes the rabbit pie - alopecia theory un proven as yet.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:45 am
Edgar, a Texan is a real groucher eh ?
like when ya 10 gallon hat springs leak, ya can only get 5 shells in ya six shooter & your 4 legged friend won't wear his new shoes you bought him.
Life is tough but if ya didn't have anything to moan about, you'd be as miserable as sin
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:49 am
oldandknew wrote:
Edgar, a Texan is a real groucher eh ?
like when ya 10 gallon hat springs leak, ya can only get 5 shells in ya six shooter & your 4 legged friend won't wear his new shoes you bought him.
Life is tough but if ya didn't have anything to moan about, you'd be as miserable as sin
dont be ridiculous, horses dont wear shoes. Not even in Texas. Waistcoat occasionally yes...
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 08:56 am
I spect that waistcoat is real smart. with a gold watch across his chest & ALAMO spelt out acrosss the back
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 01:56 pm
Cheroot in his gob, zippo lighter flickering in the wind with a made in Taiwan sticker on the base.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 02:44 pm
http://eil.com/newgallery/ZZ-Top-Gimme-All-Your-Lo-273018.jpg

and ZZ Top singing about a Well Dressed Man
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 02:53 pm
Mathos wrote:

Nope.

It'll even take the hare off your back.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 03:13 pm
A desireable after-effect, provided hare is not replaced by monkey (that thieving, duplicitous monkey).
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 03:18 pm
Don't you think it would be worth me giving it a try though, I mean to say there are millions of them, digging up the countryside like lunatics and bouncing about in fields like they wanna be kangaroos or some similar jumper of an alternative nations making.

We could have rabbit day for instance.

Rabbit and chips day.

Rabbit and cabbage day.

And what about a rabbit franchise, look I'm gonna register this idea. Could make a bloody fortune out of rabbits, then there are the good-luck charms to consider! Didn't do rabbit much good though did they!

What else are they good for? They are simple mischief makers and nuisances.

Has anybody got the slightest objection to us making a fortune out of The A2K Rabbit Franchise?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 03:29 pm
The rabbinical community might register concern, given the propensity of communication fora such as this for committing typographical errors.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
patiodog wrote:
The rabbinical community might register concern, given the propensity of communication fora such as this for committing typographical errors.

Heh.

Wait until you upset the rabbits.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 03:58 pm
beyond this guy...

http://www.actwin.com/toaph/life/rascals/alfalfa.jpg

...i'm not sure who should be concerned.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:08 am
I love rabbits. They are lovely little things.

We used to say about some of the young ladies -"She shags like a bunny" so I have always had a positive attitude to rabbits as a result. Pavlov explains it. I've been conditioned.

We had a large warren on the estate when I was a kid and I often helped the gamekeeper to catch a few with the help of a couple of ferrets which are lovely little creatures as well. So alert. It's just a method of getting nutrient out of clover which our stomachs can't do without it going through rabbits first. Like cattle do with grass which we can't digest either.

And they make lovely gloves.

Did you see that giant one that was eating the allotments up.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:15 am
Quote:
It's just a method of getting nutrient out of clover which our stomachs can't do without it going through rabbits first.
so you were brought up on rabbit droppings?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:23 am
No. We used them in pea-shooters.

What happened to them? I haven't seen a pea-shooter for years. Are they banned? We sometimes put rabbit droppings in a paper bag and offered them to the girls as parched peas. That was a good laugh.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 04:43 am
spendius wrote:
No. We used them in pea-shooters.

What happened to them? I haven't seen a pea-shooter for years. Are they banned? We sometimes put rabbit droppings in a paper bag and offered them to the girls as parched peas. That was a good laugh.
So this explains your fear of women? They're all out for revenge?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2006 05:01 am
Oh no Steve- nothing so comforting as that.

It's more "The last rasping gasp of the mantis's groom" type of thing.

Bill Greenwell caused quite a stir in the offices of the Literary Review when he included that little gem in an entry for the monthly poetry competition.

I bet you wouldn't believe I've been published in that. What a loss to Britishness when Auberon Waugh's military injuries finally knocked him down.

I wouldn't allow myself the luxury of thinking it was to do with revenge. If that were true one would only need be a good boy to avoid it.
0 Replies