Mocking Bush is Patriotic

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:46 am
www.salon.com

The best terrorism prevention strategy may have nothing to do with the military. It's simple and something that many of us enjoy doing, anyway--namely, ridiculing political figures--G.W. in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
(Excerpts from "Mocking Bush is my patriotic duty")

Sept. 8, 2006 | New rule: Bad presidents happen to good people. Amid all the 9/11 anniversary talk about what will keep us safe, let me suggest that in a world turned hostile to America, the smartest message we can send to those beyond our shores is, "We're not with stupid." Therefore, I contend -- with all seriousness -- that ridiculing this president is now the most patriotic thing you can do.

But we are not all people who think putting a boot in your ass is the way to solve problems, because even allowing that my foot lodged in your ass would feel good, which I don't -- what then? OK, my boot is in your ass, but I can't get it out, so I'm not happy, and it's in you, so you're not happy -- there's no exit strategy.

Anyone who opposes the indefinite occupation of Iraq shouldn't be labeled an al-Qaida supporter. That's like saying that if I tell my exterminator that there are more efficient ways to rid the house of vermin than hitting them with a hammer, I'm "for the rats."

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2006/09/08/maher/

I've finally been promoted from terrorist sympathizer to responsible citizen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 436 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:58 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82610&highlight=

You're a little late, f4f.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 04:06 am

Bah!, i feel so stupid. Embarrassed

Thanks Merry Andrew.

A2K should allow members to delete their threads.
0 Replies