Bagging Groceries and Related Considerations

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:44 pm
Sometimes I think Jon Carroll writes his columns especially to me -

Jon Carroll's column on self checkout, etc.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,154 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:46 pm
"cars circle endlessly looking for parking places as their drivers use up fossil fuels in order to buy organic beets"
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:53 pm
I actually have mastered the self-check out. Love it, but I did have one occassion where the produce I bought was simply not on the list of produce items. Not wanting to wait, I choose the closest item to my produce - probably ended up paying lots more for the damn item.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 02:02 pm
We have a thing in Sainsbury's called Fast scan.

When you enter the store, you swipe your personal store card and look at a bank of scan guns. One of them lights up and you take it.

There's a "holster" for the gun, on the shopping trolley, and when you pick up an item, you scan it with the gun and place the item straight into a shopping bag, in the trolley.

Etc etc., all the way round the store, and when you get to the checkout, the cashier takes the gun, sticks it in the machine, and it tells you how much to pay.

You then pay the money, take your ticket as proof of purchase, and bugger off as quickly as possible.

Now and then there are random checks, or "re-scans" as they are called, just to keep evryone on their toes.

Easy peasy....
0 Replies