1
   

we went to "church" yesterday

 
 
snood
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 10:40 am
Nothing, oh vast and ceaselessly blowing mighty wind.
0 Replies
 
Doktor S
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 10:54 am
scott wrote:


Using all of your EWWWW I am so much better at English than you are speech therefor everything that you say is MUTE.
You are a FOOL following a FOOLS path to even begin to think that.

You have become what I love to make fun of an EDUCATED IDIOT

This is funny on so many levels.

Scott, here is another one for your sig - Declared 'butcher of the english language', by Doctor S.

Seriously, in this place being able to express a point coherently is important, which makes me wonder why you even bother since you totally lack that ability.

If one were to read the entire volume of your a2k contribution, all that could be ascertained about you is that a: you are confused as to what you believe and b:you seldom make a coherent point.
If this was your intent, congratulations on a job well done.
0 Replies
 
JLNobody
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 03:18 pm
Snood, I've been dropping disses to Gus and Dys for some time now, and they retaliate by totally ignoring me. I think you are right; one must not give a shyt. THEN maybe they'll show some respect.

Set, I have no hestitation telling a moron that he's moronic, but I've never had the courage to tell a moron that she's moronic. I'd rather screw a bear...an uncooperative bear, that is.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:26 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Set, I have no hestitation telling a moron that he's moronic, but I've never had the courage to tell a moron that she's moronic. I'd rather screw a bear...an uncooperative bear, that is.


Yeah, i understand that . . . Hell hath no fury, etc. . . .

However, i was raised in a house full of women, and have been less than impressed with the sound and the fury since long before puberty.
0 Replies
 
JLNobody
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:41 pm
Set, the fury is horrible, but the silence is worse. At the lowest level of Dante's Inferno there is ice instead of fire. It symbolized the distance from the warmth of the love of God. My wife's "cold shoulder" has the same significance. Fortunately she's no moron: she has TWO Ph.D.s.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:42 pm
Anyone whose wife is a moron has no one to thank but himself.
0 Replies
 
JLNobody
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 Sep, 2006 06:45 pm
For THAT insight I would grant you an honorary doctorate.
0 Replies
 
Scott777ab
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:51 am
Doktor S wrote:
scott wrote:


Using all of your EWWWW I am so much better at English than you are speech therefor everything that you say is MUTE.
You are a FOOL following a FOOLS path to even begin to think that.

You have become what I love to make fun of an EDUCATED IDIOT

This is funny on so many levels.

Scott, here is another one for your sig - Declared 'butcher of the english language', by Doctor S.

Seriously, in this place being able to express a point coherently is important, which makes me wonder why you even bother since you totally lack that ability.

If one were to read the entire volume of your a2k contribution, all that could be ascertained about you is that a: you are confused as to what you believe and b:you seldom make a coherent point.
If this was your intent, congratulations on a job well done.


Hello Dok actually my personal beliefs have changed quite a lot sense joining this forum.

I still believe in God.
Just not the bible.


And I really don't care if someone reads all my posts, what they will see is that my view of the bible has changed, I dont believe it is God's word.

YOu will also see that I have not changed in what I believe the bible teaches. That has and always will remain the same. That does not make me a bible thumper as some one else wishes to claim.

And just because my spelling and grammar sucks does not make my points any less valid then some EDUCATED IDIOT who uses words to make himself look LIKE A KNOW IT ALL.

I don't claim to be perfect, or have perfect knowledge of anything.

So what you say about my english matters not to me, because regardless of my bad grammar no one has yet been able to REFUTE any of my MAJOR stances with any type of LOGIC.

Have a good day DOC, this post IS NOT DIRECTED TO YOU. Mostly just getting tired of Set's BS.
0 Replies
 
Doktor S
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:51 pm
Quote:

So what you say about my english matters not to me, because regardless of my bad grammar no one has yet been able to REFUTE any of my MAJOR stances with any type of LOGIC.

It is very hard to refute something that is not coherently articulated in the first place. Sorta like firing into the wind.
Also, you should probably steer clear of appeals to logic. Not your forte.
0 Replies
 
2PacksAday
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 04:36 pm
"The Christian's Bible is a drug store. Its contents remain the same, but the medical practice changes."
Mark Twain


Forgive me for using a Twain quote, but it fits so well in this thread.
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 05:29 pm
Darn. I was working up my nerve to go. I was especially attracted when my mother told me they were all going to hell, and I may too if I were to venture amongst them.

I thought nothing could surprise me anymore.

I still think they vary pretty much, depending on what types of people have wrestled control. Some open-minded, long haired, community minded people somewhere may have beat the hell out of the hand-holder, hymn singers. You never know.

I still may brave it. Weird. I was almost in a UU the same day you guys were---would have been first time in six years or so. Freaky.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 10:06 am
Scott777ab wrote:
. . .I still believe in God.
Just not the bible.
. . .
And I really don't care if someone reads all my posts, what they will see is that my view of the bible has changed, I dont believe it is God's word.

YOu will also see that I have not changed in what I believe the bible teaches. That has and always will remain the same. That does not make me a bible thumper as some one else wishes to claim.

So what you say about my english matters not to me, because regardless of my bad grammar no one has yet been able to REFUTE any of my MAJOR stances with any type of LOGIC. . .
LOGIC:
First you poison the well by saying you don't believe the Bible.
Then you drink by saying you believe what it teaches.
Chug a lug, Chug a lug
Makes you wanna holler hi dee ho . . .
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 10:09 am
Burns yer tummy, dontcha know
Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug.


Good one Neo . . .
0 Replies
 
JLNobody
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 02:19 pm
Neologist, I suppose I believe in the God ABOVE God (cf., Paul Tillich, Meister Eckhart, and Dogen).
"God", the theological God of the Bible, the god that everyone speaks for, is the god whose existence agnostics like Frank Apisa have "doubts" about.
The God ABOVE God (the Tao), however, is that ultimate reality about which we cannot know anything, but which we are. I have no doubt about its existence, but I have no knowledge of its nature except for its aesthetic manifestations as my immediate experience from moment to moment.

I am an agnostic about the characteristics of the God ABOVE God, but I am a believer regarding its existence. I am an atheist, however, regarding the theological God that everyone speaks for.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 03:09 pm
JL, when you consider our insignificance in the grand scheme of the universe, whatever that is, it is understandable that we can never know all there is about God.

That being said, I am constantly brought back to the realization that, some time in the past, he chose to replicate the quality of free will in other beings. How the time factor fits in, I don't expect to ever understand, but I do believe that he began with a mirror image of himself, a lesser but immensely powerful individual to whom he gave the wherewithal to continue his purpose of creation and replication.

We specks are but a representation of his continued desire to give this quality to others. I turn to the Bible to find a plowman's explanation of how he promises to fulfill his purpose in this corner of creation.
0 Replies
 
JLNobody
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 03:37 pm
Neologist, you know, of course, that you are speaking of the "God" I reject.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 05:26 pm
Yeah, JL. I just can't stop blabberin' about him, you know?
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 09:31 pm
Neo, I just wanted to say thanks.
0 Replies
 
JPB
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 09:34 pm
Hey, heph, I haven't checked your other thread tonight. How're you doing?
0 Replies
 
Treya
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 09:50 pm
Hi JB. I'm doing alright. Muddling through. I'll be leaving for MI on Thur. It's all gonna work out somehow. Life has a funny way of doing that. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 11/30/2021 at 06:04:20