Bush told reporter Jews are 'all going to hell'

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 05:53 am
Larisa Alexandrovna
Published: Saturday September 2, 2006

An upcoming book about presidential advisor Karl Rove reports allegations of anti-semitism by President George W. Bush, RAW STORY has learned.

In The Architect: Karl Rove and the Master Plan for Absolute Power, Austin-based journalist James Moore and Wayne Slater, senior political reporter for the Dallas Morning News, will allege that Bush once made anti-semitic comments to a reporter.

"You know what I'm gonna tell those Jews when I get to Israel, don't you Herman?" a then Governor George W. Bush allegedly asked a reporter for the Austin American-Statesman.

When the journalist, Ken Herman, replied that he did not know, Bush reportedly delivered the punch line: "I'm telling 'em they're all going to hell."

Bush's thoughts on the fate of non-Christian souls became a minor source of controversy after he told the Houston Post in 1993 that only those who "accept Jesus Christ" go to Heaven. However, the future president was also earlier briefly engaged to a half-Jewish woman.

The quip never received wider media attention, even though the Austin American-Statesman reported it in December of 1998.

"As he gazed out a hotel hallway at the Superdome and waited for an elevator, Bush -- clearly going for a laugh at his own expense -- said the first thing he was going to say to Israeli Jews was that they were all 'going to hell,'" Herman had reported. "Bush, who has both a quick wit and generally good judgment on when to use it, made the comment to the same Austin American-Statesman reporter who had reported his 1993 comments about his religious beliefs."

The authors of The Architect assert that religion and ethnicity have been manipulated by Bush and Rove to "divide" and "conquer" the nation. RAW STORY obtained a copy of The Architect late this week.

More information about the book, to be released Tuesday, can be found here.
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Book_Bush_told_reporter_Jews_are_0902.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,194 • Replies: 12
Topic Closed
No top replies

joefromchicago

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 06:16 am
Re: Bush told reporter Jews are 'all going to hell'
Larisa Alexandrovna wrote:
"You know what I'm gonna tell those Jews when I get to Israel, don't you Herman?" a then Governor George W. Bush allegedly asked a reporter for the Austin American-Statesman.

When the journalist, Ken Herman, replied that he did not know, Bush reportedly delivered the punch line: "I'm telling 'em they're all going to hell."

Bush's thoughts on the fate of non-Christian souls became a minor source of controversy after he told the Houston Post in 1993 that only those who "accept Jesus Christ" go to Heaven. However, the future president was also earlier briefly engaged to a half-Jewish woman.

Why is this "anti-Semitic?" If one believes (as Bush evidently believes) that the only people who will go to heaven are those who have "accepted Jesus Christ," and all the rest will go to hell, then it follows that all Jews will go to hell. Nothing particularly startling about that, except for the fact that a politician said it. If heaven were open to everyone, regardless of religion or the depth of their faith, then what would be the point of religion? Some people must be excluded from the club, otherwise there's no reason to join.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 07:13 am
BUSHitler. Hate is taught and Bushie's family were partners with Hitler. No surprise here.
0 Replies

Thomas

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 07:25 am
I am an atheist. What, according to the Torah, will happen to me when I die?

This is one of those rare occasions where I agree with Joe. If you believe that heaven is an equal opportunity redeemer, you don't believe in the Christian Bible -- nor in the Jewish Torah, for that matter.
0 Replies

revel

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 07:58 am
Well, Christian beliefs aside, I admit that it surprises me that Bush said such a thing, but perhaps when he went to Israel that is when he changed. I wonder if any reporters would have guts enough to ask him if he said such a statement, and if he did, does he still believe it? Wonder how he respond.

Actually most so called born again christians who believe in the rapture, believe that the Jewish nation will get a second chance to accept Jesus as their savior when the Jesus comes down on a cloud to set up the kingdom of heaven in the holy land. (I don't believe in the rapture, but that is neither here nor there in a political discussion)
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:20 am
My father's house has many rooms. I'm booked into 176B, Forgiven Masturbators Suite.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 08:59 am
One odd thing - Those Christians who believe Jews are going to hell, as often as not, nevertheless believe we have to be on Israel's side 100% to fulfill the Bible.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:07 am
edgarblythe wrote:
One odd thing - Those Christians who believe Jews are going to hell, as often as not, nevertheless believe we have to be on Israel's side 100% to fulfill the Bible.

Nothing odd about that. In order for the events foretold in the Book of Revelation to take place, there must be a Jewish state in the Holy Land. So, no Israel, no rapture. Of course, once the Jeez arrives, all the Jews are going straight to perdition, but at least they can be consoled with the notion that they served a worthy purpose.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:09 am
Thomas wrote:
I am an atheist. What, according to the Torah, will happen to me when I die?

You'll spend eternity in hell, but you won't believe that you're there, so it won't be so bad. Sorta' like living in Wisconsin.
0 Replies

Thomas

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:14 am
I do believe in Wisconsin though.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:22 am
Thomas wrote:

All the worse for any visits there.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:35 am
Thomas wrote:

I remain agnostic about Wisconsin.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Mon 4 Sep, 2006 09:55 am
Having paid Wisconsin fees and taxes for many years, I can assure all there is such a place; I have real evidence. Itemized bills and receipts, along with copies of relevant cancelled checks and corroborative bank statements available by request. Stacks of 'em Rolling Eyes
0 Replies