HARLEY TRIKE

ServiGal

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 05:06 pm
The new Harley trikes are really just "reinventing the wheel"

HD built Serv-Cars from 1932 through 1973, which I believe is the longest production run of any HD model. They all had 45's in a few different versions with varying compression ratios & BHP. I have a 1937 which is nearing complete restoration. They ARE unstable in turns if you are too fast. 20 mph is too fast!
0 Replies

gacordell

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 04:06 pm
You don't have to wait until you are 80 get the wind in your face!
I'm only in my early 40's and had 6 strokes at one time, leaving me unable to ride 2 wheels anymore currently in the process of building a 3 wheeler. -Ride safe!- Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 04:09 pm
Welcome gacordell.

Do come back and tell us more about the three-wheeler you're building.
0 Replies

ServiGal

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 12:58 pm
Trike
Yes, Welcome. Keep us advised of your progrees.
0 Replies

girlfriend

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 08:28 pm
help to find a good trike
Hi,
I was just reading the posts on this thread and thought maybe you all could help me out!. I am looking to buy a trike. not sure what kind. I am a 55 year old woman and do have a few health issues but nothing that would stop me from riding. I did ride a motor cycle some time ago, but felt they were to heavy. (falling over and cannot pick it up type thing) I thought my option would be a trike. Any suggests would be appreciated.
btw I talked to a Harley "dude" at a shop and he suggested i should stay away from the Leman's? Anyone got any ideas why?
Thanks in advance!
gf
ServiGal

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:01 am
Harley Trike
Based on a second hand observation of a "prototype" trike at a local show this weekend in Scottsdale, HD may be coming out with an unexpected twist to the trike. The 2-up-front trike looked more production quality than a proto. Definitely a sport trike rather than the touring type. Probably huge $$ but may be something unique. suspension was set up to "lean" into the turns. wonder if than feature will make it to production?
0 Replies

Jillyb

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 12:08 pm
@hamburger,
I own the new Harley Trike. The trunk leaks. Dealer replaced rubber sealer to correct and it still leaks. A $36,000 leaking tin can. Just great.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 12:14 pm
saw one of these tagged and flying down the freeway last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfSGadg-TAA

not sure what I think, other than that a semi will crush it like a frog.

(bombardier purchased one of the local plane makers a while back...)
OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 01:57 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

saw one of these tagged and flying down the freeway last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfSGadg-TAA

not sure what I think, other than that a semi will crush it like a frog.

(bombardier purchased one of the local plane makers a while back...)
That's a far superior configuration for 3 wheels. I see a few on my commute daily. Campagna's T-Rex sets the standard.
ServiGal

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 09:19 am
@girlfriend,
Just saw your post. Maybe I'm too late to respond. If you are still looking for a trike, here's my opinion, for what it's worth. - The new HD trikes based on the Ultra Classic are actualy Lehman built. I too am not overly impressed with the Lehman conversions, but at least there would be some warranty if you bought new from HD. Just bring an armored car full of cash since they are over $30k!!!
Being an engineer, I may be overly critical of the Lehman design, especially since I've never owned one. But for my money, I would go for a professionally built trike with the Frankenstein rear end. Fiberglass/esthetic treatments are totally up to personal taste so no need to comment on them.
0 Replies

ServiGal

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 09:21 am
@OCCOM BILL,
And on two wheels, we're not vulnerable to the semi's, huh?
0 Replies