...HOG HEAVEN...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 12,387 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:35 pm
Yup, seeing more and more. A lot of converted Honda Goldwings too. Great if you're not physically able to ride a motorcycle anymore.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:40 pm
a sidecar - ok , but a trike ?
might as well put a harley on a coffin frame .
hbg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:43 pm
hamburger wrote:
a sidecar - ok , but a trike ?
might as well put a harley on a coffin frame .
hbg

Huh?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:46 pm
would save the survivors the cost of a hearse Very Happy - they'd sure be happy Very Happy .
hbg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:52 pm
hamburger wrote:
would save the survivors the cost of a hearse Very Happy - they'd sure be happy Very Happy .
hbg

I don't know how a trike handles compared to a bike with a sidecar. I'm sure both can be tricky. Either way, Goldwings and Hardley Ablesons weigh a frickin' lot anyway, plus nobody rides them fast, so they probably corner well enough for gramps to take offramps at 20mph.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 03:02 pm
the bereaved family members would fit nicely on the backseat , wouldn't you say ?
even the upholstery is "quite tastefull" i'd say .
hbg

http://www.istnet.net.au/~sierra/graphics/trike1.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 03:16 pm
Id seen a number of really tricked out 3 wheelers and, yes , they are incredibly unstable. If the wheel is turned at too small a radius the entire bike can dump over like an old wobble wheel John Deere. Its basically the same reason that 3 wheeled ATVs are death machines.
I saw one trike that had an outhouse on the back. The rider had to slow way down for turns.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 03:39 pm
"...I saw one trike that had an outhouse on the back. The rider had to slow way down for turns..."

perhaps the rider had to slow down because the outhouse was "occupied" Shocked Question
hbg

0 Replies

3wheels4me

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 08:38 am
trikes
Well guess what I am getting one put togather on a RoadKing and if you haven't tryed one don't knock it!!!
They offer more to those of us who would like a bit more room etc

and a coffin well i guess some look like one not mine!
Sorry i just had to reply to this
Oh they can out corner a bike on a turn and can go as fast as a bike!

Cheers
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 08:45 am
Good for you...post pictures of it when it's done.

Except you're nuts in saying they can out corner a bike, or as fast. Added weight with the same power = slower.
0 Replies

3wheels4me

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 09:48 am
trikes
The Lehman trike kit has a no lean suspension so when they corner they actually can out do a 2 wheel, i have witnessed it.
there weight well sure they are a bit heavier there all fiberglass bodies
I think mine will come in around 1095 lbs or 497 kg which ever one you want lol

I will post as sooooon as i get it i can hardley wait to start having FUN on my own sitting on the back sucks!!
You still have to know how to ride a 2 wheel as you do need a regular motorbike licence also. At least in Canada you do.
Cheers
Carol
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:09 am
So this is your first bike? Have you ridden before, or just passenger?

Either way, congrats....

On a side note, I might sell my bike in the spring. Don't know yet.
0 Replies

3wheels4me

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:22 am
trike
yes this is my first bike, i have ridden a harley road king before it was a trike, but we go down to Arizona every winter and there are so many neat places to stop but hubby never wants to so now i can haha

It was his first and he got a new Ultra Classic Screaming Eagle one of the limited editions so i snapped his and sent it to Pigeon Lake to get triked.
He is the lehman dealer here in Alberta and only 1/2 hr from the Canadian factory. Harley dealers they are kept in the dark about the trikes Harley hasn't told them anything yet, so thats why not many have them on the floor yet

Why do you want to sell your bike??? haha want a trike??? really they offer a lot of people the Threedom to ride if there balance is a problem or there height short people have problems with a Harley!! they aren't made for shorties so a trike would work better for them.

This form i found by typing in how to build a trike haha so hopefully no one is offended by me standing up for them. i do know die hard bikers think they suck but they are different to ride , I grew up riding a honda trike the old 3 wheelers and I loved them i never had any problems with them tipping you just have to have common sence like anything you ride or drive....my son has a chopper and i wouldn't be caught dead riding that its just NOT for crusing its a bar hopper lol
well everyone

HAVE A HAPPY HEALTHY SAFE NEW YEARS!!!! Drunk
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:27 am
They don't suck...like you said, they're great for people who otherwise have a hard time riding a two-wheeler...of course starting out on something like a Road King can be a daunting task.

I have a sportbike/sport-tourer, a Honda VFR800. After doing a couple of trackdays(you basically pay $$ to ride it on a race course), riding on the street just got boring. On the track you can corner at speeds that are just not sane on the street...that coupled with dodging Volvos every time I'm out. Plus I didn't do a lot of riding this year, and it's costing me every month to have a shiny toy sit in a garage.

We'll see.
0 Replies

3wheels4me

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 11:46 am
trikes
Me i love the cruzin around and the different smells and the warm pockets of fresh air, yes there are lots of idiots out there on 4 wheels but all in all i don't usually take the freeways i love the backways to get to a place.
Racing now thats so totaly different yes i can understand where u are comming from. we dirt race a truck on a mile dirt track they are fun but dirty lol hubby he uses it as a stress buster and then the Harley is also a stress buster so he should be great this comming year haha lots of stress busters.....

well have a good one and i am sure you will figure out what you want to do an be happy with your dississon (sp)
Cheers
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:37 pm
btw i just read that the new owners of chris craft corporation have obtained the rights (name) for the production of "indian chief" motorcycles. they claim that there is quite a bit of interest in biking community for a revival of the legendary "chief" .
i don't think i'll ever buy one ' but would like to see them on the road again (a teenager's dream !).
hbg
source :
..." INDIAN CHIEF " MOTORCYCLE MAKING COMEBACK ...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:45 pm
I hope they do a better job with bikes than they did with cruisers. The later Chris Craft cruisers were the biggest fuel guzzlin side ass boats ever built. SOme of the >30 footers had trouble getting class certified in certain areas
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:00 pm
I thought they were still making Indians, and they were still the same exact crap that was put out 40 years ago.

Kind of like Harley, but at least Harley updates it's technology every 15 years or so. Still...single disc front brake on a 700lb bike???
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 07:26 pm
...SOUTHPORT BOATWORKS... is the company that will be producing the new cruisers .
hbg
0 Replies