Looking for a kitchen table

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 07:57 am
BBB
bm
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 08:06 am
I was looking at some Target stuff the other day for you, really not bad at all. I bought a patio set from them (well, picked it out, it was a gift) and I'm impressed with it. Very sturdy/ good quality, amazing price.

$269 for this set:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000B0HRT.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_V65250006_.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 08:21 am
When I was looking for a table, I was appalled at house much they cost. I'd walk up to something really simple and there'd be a $600 price tag and up on it.

I was finding in the used places that anything cheap usually was all junked up.

Then I started realizing I was investing WAY too much time over saving a few bucks. Plus driving around, etc.
I even went to what I thought were cheaper furniture stores, like Crap to Go....and they were more than I wanted to pay too.

Yeah, check out Lacks, I remember they had dark tables too.....then go back for the Labor Day Sale.

The man said he'd be glad to put it in the back of his work van and take to your place.

He'll probably want a cup of coffee though.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 09:13 am
Be sure to use the "search" function of craigslist instead of just browsing the furniture section. Some people list things under garage sale, household items, and general. Using "search" will really cut down on the time it takes to look at everything.

Also, our newspaper has classified sections for "bar and restaurant" and for "public notices". Restraunts going out of business often sell off their tabes and chairs for dirt cheap. In public notices you'll find the foreclosure notices on self-storage sites. Once people quit paying the rent on these spaces the owners start selling stuff off - but they have to advertise that they're doing so first.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 09:19 am
shewolf, chai, and boomerang are still chatting

meanwhile still no photos posted from their get-together

(i am sorry about being off-topic) Smile
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 09:34 am
YEAH!

Where the devil ARE these alleged "pictures"?

What the deal? Could you not photo shop all the chankers off my face?

That's it, isn't?

Well, go ahead, I'm not ashamed of my oozing open sores.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 09:43 am
....uh.....uh.....uh

I promise to look for them today.....

<asifitsnotenoughthatmyfamilyisnaggingmeaboutphotos>
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 10:11 am
Thread To Post The Photos

(sorry, if i am being pushy)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 30 Aug, 2006 11:08 am
Okay.....

You got me off my butt to clean up some disc space so I could get some photos open. I have cleaned off and moved everything that I could but I still don't have much space. I'm running a defrag thingy to try to clean it up. (What the heck ate my hard drive!?)

I have located the disc holding the photos so probably sometime later today.....
0 Replies