This is just too weird.

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 07:03 pm
I guess they sell on their data to another company that targets potential hip replacement buyers ... or something ...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2006 07:18 pm
Or perhaps a subsidary of Whirlpool manufactures artificial hip joints?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 01:25 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Or perhaps a subsidary of Whirlpool manufactures artificial hip joints?

Do people who use Whirlpool products suffer numerous hip injuries?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 06:07 am
The artificial hip (as we know it today) was invented here in the UK, at a Place called Wrightington Hospital in Appley Bridge, Wigan (just outside Manchester). It was pioneered by John Charnley. I used to visit someone at this place as a child. There was a large painting at the entrance of a woman throwing her sticks away.

Hip Replacements have serial numbers on them... I wonder if they come with guarantee and feedback cards?

Just wanted to share that with you...

x
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:05 am
The little numbers on hip replacement parts have been used to identify disaster victims and corpses with no other clues.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:36 am
Yes Noddy,

And not so long ago they were used to identify people who were cremated (legitimately) but rather then dispose of the prosthesis in the correct manner (they are intact after cremation) the Cremetorium staff simply dumped them behind the installation...

^ How miserable was that post?

x
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 10:47 am
Smorgs--

Hip joints are bad enough. If breast implants aren't removed before cremation they explode in the oven creating an enormous mess.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 11:14 am
Really! Shocked

I didn't know that - and I do know quite a bit about the workings of a Cemetery - having once worked in one! Really! The largest in Europe, I loved that job!

But that was back in the day inplants were still American...

x
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 11:51 am
Speaking of implants...I used to think they were only something that rick women in metropolitan areas got. Now I'm finding out that young, rural women of modest means are saving up for them. Sheesh.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 01:42 pm
Breast implants are one of the disadvantages of the Global Village.
0 Replies