Walter Hinteler

Tue 22 Aug, 2006 11:27 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

Walter, you said that you found a cheaper ticket due to the time you picked for your flight?

I bought via opodo (cheaper than expedia etc), and such sites lists all flights (they've in their system) ... including everything.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:26 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Booking in the middle of the night can be cheaper too. Try after midnight...I've heard some people say they got some pretty good deals booking at night. Weird but worth a shot.

This could be a couple of reasons - the airlines may change prices right after midnight or the fact that a person can hold a seat for 24 hours - the cutoff is midnight. So say some one during the day held a few seats at the lowest discounted rate, but did not confirm by midnight with payment, the seats logically would then become available right after midnight.

Typically airlines have so many seats at different levels of prices so the more popular the flight time, the sooner the lowest priced seats are filled.

Also when you do your search select any time rather than a specific time and have it order by price. If your dates are flexible many websites also give you the option to select flexible dates in order to get the lowest prices.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 23 Aug, 2006 06:42 am
I think you're right about the midnight cutoff and the updating of pricing.

I just hate it because you pay all this money for a crappy seat and then you get there and are able to upgrade to a better seat. Why wasn't that seat available 2 weeks prior??

This happened to me on both of my last trips.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Wed 23 Aug, 2006 07:12 am
One thing I have noticed, just in playing around with flying to diffrent areas is that, in order for my friend to come from Albq to Austin, she has to lay over in phoenix..... Confused

So.. I would be paying for her to fly east, to get west....

uh. anyone else think this is stupid? Laughing

Or, there is a layover in Dallas for 2 hours wich seems to be the cheapest combination, as that is the one that is capping out at about 312.00

The flight that goes to phoenix is cheaper, but it would take her almost 10 hours to get here.

( sigh )
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Wed 23 Aug, 2006 07:12 am
Hey what are you doing on?

Shouldn't you be painting instead of screwing around on the internet?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 23 Aug, 2006 07:23 am
This midnight thing has to consider the midnights in various time zones ... :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 7 Dec, 2006 12:57 am
shewolf, Try this http://www1.cheapoair.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1685
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Thu 7 Dec, 2006 06:39 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
This midnight thing has to consider the midnights in various time zones ... :wink:

It may depend on your departure city.
0 Replies