Church Fires Teacher for Being Female

ebrown p

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 12:40 pm
As long as you hate all religionists equally, Set-- I guess no one can accuse you of being predjudiced.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 12:50 pm
Upon what basis to you assert that i hate religionists, E_brown?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 12:51 pm
ebrown-p
ebrown_p wrote:
As long as you hate all religionists equally, Set-- I guess no one can accuse you of being predjudiced.

ebrown-p, You've certainly been a grump lately. Are you feeling OK?

BBB Smile
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 01:00 pm
Quote:

What a screwed up bunch of hateful old misogynists the religionists are.

Setanta,

Yeah maybe "screwed up bunch of hateful old misogynists" could be taken as an expression of affection.

BBB,

Thanks for asking. I have been in a grumpy mood... but this doesn't mean I am not feeling OK (which I am).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 01:01 pm
So, E_brown, your snide position is that if i don't express affection for religionists, then i must hate them, eh? That's the remark of an idiot.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 01:03 pm
I suppose "snide", "idiot" and "sunuvabitch" could also be taken as terms of affection.

(and BBB thought I was grumpy).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 01:07 pm
I certainly consider anyone who would insist that what one does not love, one hates, to be an idiot, yes. Is that what you are saying, E_brown? Are you now suggesting because i have not expressed affection for you, i must hate you? If so, i can only point out the amazing extent to which you overrate your significance in the cosmos.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 01:08 pm
Mame wrote
Quote:
Actually, I'm talking about the original bunch of men, in the bible, continuing right on up to today's men who believe in that hooey. Any body of people who do this to others is who I'm talking about, today or yesterday or tomorrow.

maybe you should have scrolled up a page or two and seen what i wrote about this scripture....."the original bunch of men in the bible" ie paul (who wrote this scripture) wasn't saying a woman can't teach men...scroll up and read....and realize that this view (that women can't teach men) isn't the majority within protestant churches
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 02:14 pm
How far back are you suggesting a person scroll before they're allowed to state their own opinion?

Do they also have to read everyone's posts? What about other posts? Do they have to read them, too?

The only thing I commented on regarding you is when you yourself said you believe the earth is about 10,000 years old.

Boy, people sure get pi$$y on this topic, don't they?

Come on over to the trivia board and let off some of that steam.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 02:14 pm
The only thing I commented on regarding you is when you yourself said you believe the earth is about 10,000 years old.

I still find that incredulous.

But that's just me.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 02:21 pm
ooops
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 02:24 pm
Mame wrote
Quote:

LOL scroll back you made several comments to me.....after that one comment about the earth age.......
Mame wrote
Quote:
Actually, I'm talking about the original bunch of men, in the bible, continuing right on up to today's men who believe in that hooey. Any body of people who do this to others is who I'm talking about, today or yesterday or tomorrow.Don't be so literal, katie-girl.

all i was doing was responding to that and letting you know to scroll up a bit ....and don't be so paranoid lol im not pissy........ Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 02:36 pm
Actually, the pissy comment wasn't directed at you - it's on it's own line - that's just my way of introducing a new point. It seems that this topic, no matter what board you're on, gets people's backs up.

The comments about men were IN GENERAL, not directed at you. It was about the article, the whole power thing - that's why I pointed out the only comment I made TO or AT you.

Glad you're not pissy Laughing Me, neither. Not worth it! Just a discussion, after all.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 02:58 pm
ok Smile but i still would rather you read the post i made about the scripture that was used by this pastor...the men of the bible who wrote God's words didn't believe women were second rate at all...that was what my post was about.........
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 03:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid, if you're going to copy and paste from an off-site source, have the honesty and integrity to acknowledge your source, if you don't actually link it. Based on your contributions here, i don't for a moment beleive that you are the author of that screed.

As for the topic of Christian attitudes toward women: What a screwed up bunch of hateful old misogynists the religionists are.

Why do you think that I put it in italics, big doggy. It is ever so curious that you accuse me and others of following you around. Why, I have no idea. Then, you pop into everywhere we post to add nothing but your snide comments.

No, Setanta. It is not religionists that are screwed up. It is the likes of you who jump on every little thing without actually adding anything of value.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 03:47 pm
Putting something in italics does not constitute evidence of having copied and pasted from an off-site source--and you still have not given credit where it is due.

You whine about not being called Intrepid, yet you refer to me as "big doggy"--hypocrite. Provide evidence that i have "popped in" everywhere that you post to make snide comments--otherwise you're a liar as well as a hypocrit.

I consider it very valuable to point out that religionists are misogynistic--every woman should know that, and take care.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 04:22 pm
Firstly, my source was not an internet source. How would I post a link to something that does not exist.

Secondly, you have posted with italics on numerous occasions and I know that you are not better than me.

You have called me a liar on many occasions. Your repetition does not make you right about that.

Since you seem to carry the immunity torch around here, it is obvious that you try to push others to the point where they get banned.

I will provide the popping in evidence when you do since you have claimed this about Snood, Arella Mae, me and others. Obiously, people of faith will go into religious threads. Why do you?

Now that you have succeeded in derailing this thread, I guess you can go on to the next one.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 04:37 pm
BBB
Hey, all you pissers, do you know how boring it is to have to scroll through those engaging in a pissing match while sabotaging a thread topic?

Geeesh!

BBB
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 08:03 pm
lost lamb found wrote:
....now I can understand that a female shouldn't be head of the church...example: a pastor/priest...but a sunday school teacher????

If the former is justified to you, why not the latter? Does one preach with one's penis? Confused
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 10:21 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Firstly, my source was not an internet source. How would I post a link to something that does not exist.

It exists: http://www.studylight.org/com/bnn/view.cgi?book=1co&chapter=011

P
0 Replies