'You're an anti-Semite if you don't give us the money!'

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 05:51 am
Claims of anti-Semitism fuel city arts-fund feud

Quote:
The charges of anti-Semitism being leveled against the center come as it seeks $200,000 in city arts funds to present what Sanchez terms are perspectives on society absent from the mainstream media. The grant from the city represents less than one-third of the center's operating budget; it receives about $450,000 in private donations.

'You're an anti-Semite if you don't give us the money!' Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 607 • Replies: 8
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 02:14 pm
Apparently, you're much better at promoting anti-semitism than you are at comprehending what you read - assuming you actually read that article to begin with, an assumption terminally inconenienced by the divergence of your take from the content and thrust of the article at discussion.

But then, credibility issues just aren't important considerations when it comes to prejudice-based agendas.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 03:48 pm
Ah, but it's a theme with infinate variations.
0 Replies

Dizzy Delicious

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 03:49 pm
So it seems.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 03:57 pm
You probably are an anti-Semite if you spend half your time on a message board, trying to convince people that the Jews do horrible things all over the world, and are behind most of the world's problems.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 02:13 pm
f4f, you have completely misrepresented the story. The antisemitism charge was not raised because funds were not forwarded, but because of an exhibit that, it is charged, promotes antisemitism. But I guess that is an inconvenient truth for you.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 03:14 pm
Advocate wrote:
f4f, you have completely misrepresented the story. The antisemitism charge was not raised because funds were not forwarded, but because of an exhibit that, it is charged, promotes antisemitism. But I guess that is an inconvenient truth for you.

Oh, dear, thanks for that Advocate, i should have read the story carefully, i really made a fool of my self there, i apologize to the Jewish community/whomever i offended.

Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 01:53 am
Credit where its due, f4f; I gotta give ya props for recognizing and acknowledging that. I'm impressed.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2006 07:47 am
f4f, thanks for the acknowledgement and apology. This is a rare occurence on a2k.
0 Replies