New questions re U.S. intelligence/Iraq's WMD

Reply Sat 31 May, 2003 11:07 pm
Nation & World 6/9/03 - U S News & World Report
Truth and consequences: New questions about U.S. intelligence regarding Iraq's weapons of mass terror
By Bruce B. Auster, Mark Mazzetti and Edward T. Pound

On the evening of February 1, two dozen American officials gathered in a spacious conference room at the Central Intelligence Agency in Langley, Va. The time had come to make the public case for war against Iraq. For six hours that Saturday, the men and women of the Bush administration argued about what Secretary of State Colin Powell should--and should not--say at the United Nations Security Council four days later. Not all the secret intelligence about Saddam Hussein's misdeeds, they found, stood up to close scrutiny. At one point during the rehearsal, Powell tossed several pages in the air. "I'm not reading this," he declared. "This is bulls- - -."

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/030609/usnews/9intell.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 689 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Booman

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 01:53 pm
I am constantly amazed, at the naivete`of scholars. The average street person could see the "game" coming in Powell's speach, in the opening minute. He set up a qualifier for BS to follow. And sure enough as the speech played out, I was able to scrutinize the misdirection, and lack of absolution, in his statements. Everything was probable. don't ask me what the words were that alerted me. It's been so long ago that me and friends of mine laughed at this, I don't recall what it was. However, any who doubt me; if you can get a transcript of the speech now, with your current knowledge, I'll wager you can look at it, and see what I'm talking about.
...I have commented at various places, int his forum since the invasion begin, about the abscence of WMD's. I'm not the only one of course others saw this too. I'm just glad the "experts," Rolling Eyes are starting to wake-up.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:06 pm
Booman, Here's the full text of Colin Powell's speech: http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,889531,00.html
c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:32 pm
Dadgum you CC.I., Evil or Very Mad
...Did I sayI wanted you to find the text, and put me to work? What part of me being LAZY, don't you understand? Twisted Evil
...but okay, since you got me started; a)the seventh paragraph, and b)the first line of of the fourteenth paragraph.......a) takes the burden of proof off the inspectors. (If they don't find anything, it's because it's hidden too good)...b)That's the clincher. I knew nothing concrete would be supplied, when he said, "I can't tell you everything" That con is so obvious.....But don't ask a scholar, ask someone with street knowledge. :wink:
...I hope you're satisfied, C.I.. You put a lazy man to work! Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:50 pm
On a Sunday too! LOL c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:53 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies