Ragheads in Parliament...can the problem be more obvious?

paull

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 08:30 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 596 • Replies: 10
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 08:43 pm
Stupid bigots on A2k.

Can the problem be more obvious?

And, apart from the clear problem caused by your bigoted idiocy, what is your concern about British MP's writing to the government about their community's concerns?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 09:16 pm
dlowan wrote:
Stupid bigots on A2k.

And, apart from the clear problem caused by your bigoted idiocy, what is your concern about British MP's writing to the government about their community's concerns?

Hear hear.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 09:19 pm
Re: Ragheads in Parliament...can the problem be more obvious

This isn't a quote, paull, it's a URL.

The wabbit and Edgar have covered the rest.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 09:32 pm
Actually, much as I hate to encourage trolls, the article is quite interesting as it reports concerns by persumably Islamic British MPs about how British policy is giving fuel to extremists...which is doubtless true, though people will disagree as to whether it ought to be so or not, depending on how strongly they support neocon doctrine.

Tony Blair has been warned by leading British Muslims that the Iraq war and the UK's failure to use its influence to end Israeli attacks on civilians are fuelling extremism at home. Their views are set out in a letter as a full-page advertisement in newspapers.

The letter warns: "The debacle of Iraq and now the failure to do more to secure an immediate end to the attacks on civilians in the Middle East not only increases the risk to ordinary people in that region, it is also ammunition to extremists who threaten us all."

It was signed by three of the four Muslim MPs - Sadiq Khan, Shahid Malik and Mohammed Sarwar - as well as three of the four Muslim members of the House of Lords - Lord Patel of Blackburn, Lord Ahmed of Rotherham and Baroness Uddin. It was also backed by 38 Muslim groups, including the Muslim Council of Britain, the Muslim Association of Britain, the British Muslim Forum and the British Muslim Forum.

Mr Khan said the Government's Middle East policy was seen as "unfair and unjust" by many people. "Whether we like it or not, such a sense of injustice plays into the hands of extremists," he said.........

Continues here

Apparently Paull believes either that Islamic Brits ought to be denied representation in Parliament, or that their duly elected representatives ought not to express their views.

I do wonder what notion of democracy Paull has...perhaps it supports dictatorships? Oligarchies not inclusive of religions/cultures different from Paull's own?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 11:33 pm
Paull
Paull

Definition of Rag-head

n. Racial slur for Middle-Eastern person which includes Arab, Irano-Afgan, and Asian Indian peoples. It referres to the turban (towel on the head) commonly worn throughout the Middle-East, among both Muslims and Hindus.

That brown guy's a rag-head.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:06 am
Stopping by briefly to pee on the US flag. Last week, I peed on the Canadian flag. Next week, I might pee on pauli.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 07:14 am
dlowan wrote:
Stupid bigots on A2k.

:wink:
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 05:32 pm
Racial slurs aimed at the Muslim communities of both the U.K. and the U.S. have been subtle and growing. Bush recently used "islamo fascist" in describing the perpetrators of the recently foiled plot in England, and the American Muslim community doesn't much appreciate that style of characterization. But I believe these subtle approaches by both the British and American governments to demonize their respective Muslim communities through bigotry and racial slurring is a sign of desperation on the parts of both leaderships, as their failed policies in fighting the war on terror by invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 is turning their respective constituents against them. Both Bush and Blair are more unpopular than ever, and as our mid-term elections get closer, Americans are overwhelmingly preferring Democrats over Republicans to actually effectively fight the war on terror, rather than politicize it (as Republicans have done shamelessly and effectively up to now) for their own personal political gain.

These next 100 so days before November are going to be very interesting. The language coming out of the Republican leadership has been truly stunning, and their characterizations of Democrats being weak on national security I believe is going to backfire severely. What they plan to do in scaring the American people to vote Republican remains to be seen, but suffice to say that it is practically a guarantee that they will try something on a much grander scale then their manipulation of the timing behind revealing this foiled plot, as well as Cheney's involvement in coordinating with the Israeli government regarding the Israeli/Hezbollah conflict.

I can't imagine a more corrupt regime like the Bush administration. They are shameless and dispicable in their approach to running this country, and I sincerely hope they get hung up by their balls when Dems get back in power. We should immediately start new hearings on both Iraq and 9/11, and force the Bush administation to testify under oath (and separately this time when Cheney and Bush testify), so that we can truly get to the bottom of what happened regarding the lead-up to the Iraq war and the handling (as well as possible foreknowledge) of 9/11.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 05:37 pm
blatham wrote:
Stopping by briefly to pee on the US flag. Last week, I peed on the Canadian flag. Next week, I might pee on pauli.

why do it for free when he might pay you some big bucks for it?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 06:40 pm
Since it would expend too much valuable energy to respond to paull, I will just say that I agree with dlowan and Edgar and fully support blatham's proposal. At least the last part.
0 Replies