If there is no liberal bias in the media...

patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 01:28 pm
round and round and round we go

saw Ice Age last night; today I am finding anything Scrat-related (scratalogical?) amusing. I feel enlightened, like something fell off the bo tree CONK and knocked my head silly.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 01:51 pm
Ice Age really is a delightful movie, and I enjoyed your Buddha reference. (I once wrote a song called, "Under the Bo Tree", with a refrain thrown in that used the tune of "Under the Boardwalk". It was, as you might expect, dreadful. Embarrassed )
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 01:53 pm
You're a strange one, Scrat.

Dead wrong most of the time, but amusing...

(hee hee hee)
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 01:55 pm
Patio - Thank you for accepting me, warts and all. I may be wrong most of the time, but I'm also annoying as hell. :wink:
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 02:52 pm
Scrat wrote:
As to sozobe's comment, I missed that (too busy rastlin' with Setanta). My answer to it should have been, yes. Cool

Fine. We're on the same wavelength then. Smile

One more point to clarify the breast cancer thing. I was overconfident in predicting you wouldn't find a study that found a correlation. But as far as proper counseling is concerned, the interesting question is causation. A woman who considers an abortion wants to know how an abortion would affect her risk of breast cancer. The clinical study you quoted against me (correctly, as far as my over-broad claim was concerned) looked at cancer patients and examined how their history was compared to non-cancer patients. By doing so, this study was in effect asking the question: Is a woman with breast cancer more likely to have had a history of abortions, compared to a woman without breast cancer? That's a different question, and the answer can well be "yes" to the latter and "no" to the former. Details on request

-- Thomas
0 Replies