The Amazing Race

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 06:15 pm
Equus, I think I must have missed the part about the cab. Thanks for filling in the missing piece for me.

The truth is now revealed. I'm not riveted to the screen for the entire show.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:29 pm
I keep doing other things myself lately...ah well..the next few weeks should probably turn it up a notch..getting down in the numbers usually does that.
I watched Paradise Hotel and couldnt believe it, wont watch it again...scary to think theres kids out there like that really...Ill just ignore it..itll go away...lol..well, I can keep my own reality away from that one is my opinion I suppose.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 08:23 pm
:::whine::: I was out of town and didn't get to see the final episode. So who won? And was the woman able to keep her mouth shut for even a few minutes? What were the highlights?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 09:54 pm
It was the 2 married guys, that's about all I know.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:58 pm
Butrfly, No, the woman was unable. Gag. Glad she and her fiance didn't win. Wasn't thrilled with the married men either. So far, no I've rooted for has ever won this race. C'est la vie.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 12:36 am
What were the tasks they had to complete for the final leg and which country did it end up in?

I'll be real interested to hear whether that couple goes ahead and marries after competing in the race. They've pretty much seen the ugly side of each other, it can't get much worse, just more permanent. Wink
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:21 am
They had to get from Australia to Hawaii. The team with the two straight men went to the wrong airport and couldn't get a connecting flight. The coed team and the gay team got to Hawaii a day earlier. The detour involved a skydive, which everyone elected to do- I don't remember what the alternate task was. Then they had to find a marker on the southernmost point of the big island. The one-person challenge was that they had to dive into water to retrieve a big rock, then break the rock open for their next clue. The next clue sent them to Phoenix, AZ, (not Honolulu) to find the anchor of the USS Arizona; and from there they were directed to the Sun Devils stadium and had to solve a puzzle directing them to a specific seat in the bleachers, and from there to "Papago Park" for the finish line. Both the coed team and the gay team were neck and neck, but the gay team won. The third-place team was still in Hawaii when the winners crossed the finish line.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 01:09 pm
Sounds like a rather exciting ending. Hope they rerun it so I can see it. Thanks for the synopsis. Feels more like I got to see it. Smile
0 Replies