WHO POSTED THIS?

CodeBorg

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 10:31 pm
That one is so easy I won't deign to even give the answer away so soon. ... But to utter the name is a great honor.

(... the only one I've gotten so far! )
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 10:42 pm
The one dlowan calls Pond Scum, but known to the rest of us as

Mr Stillwater!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 11:02 pm
Yeah - I have never got over the day he got rid of the chattering teef, and I had to stop calling him "Fang".
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 02:43 am
MR. STILLWATER IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?
Quote:
Oh, what a day! I started having pain in my lower back gums yesterday. During the night last night, I could hardly sleep because of all the pain. I went to work this morning, but left after 2 hours. I had called the dentist from work, but they couldn't get me in for 3 days, so I went to my doctor. After sitting for over an hour waiting to see her, she checked me and said I have an abcessed tooth. The left side of my face is swollen, ahhh, so cute! The doctor prescribed an antibiotic which I had to wait 45 minutes (in pain) for.

I came home, took a pill, then picked up the phone to call the dentist again, but I couldn't get any dial tone. I said the heck with it and went to bed. When I got up, the house seemed awfully cold. I realized the pilot light had gone out in my furnace. So I lit it. And it went out. I lit it again and it went out again. After about four more times, I decided the furnace must be on the blink. No phone to call anyone, throbbing mouth, no heat. Geesh!

After my son got home from work, I went to his house and called the phone company. They are checking the lines and hope to have it fixed within 24 hours. It was too late to call the dentist or a furnace repairman, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow for that. My son loaned me a small electric space heater which isn't warming me up much, but it's better than nothing!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 05:24 am
Clue: toy story
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 12:12 pm
Clue: THE ANTS GO MARCHING ONE-BY-ONE.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 12:32 pm
chatoyant
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 01:15 pm
Mac,
How do you do it! Come on, I won't tell anyone.
CHATOYANT IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
To me, the loss of jobs to "foreign" companies is a wonderful thing. Like a performance review it tells us where we are not performing well, and therefore should either quit or push to a whole new level.

It's called competition. I always try harder when someone else is running very hard with me. Bring it on! Everyone on the planet will be better for it.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 01:25 pm
What can I say? Your hints are very helpful, Mapleleaf! Very Happy I don't recognize this one, though...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 02:55 pm
Scrat?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 03:17 pm
Clue: symbols for communication
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 06:56 pm
Clue: enemy of the Star ship Enterprise
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 08:48 pm
CodeBorg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 08:51 pm
patiodog?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2003 10:18 pm
THE ANSWER IS CodeBorg.

WHO POSTED THIS?
Quote:
To all of you abuzzers - I really needed this right now. Spent all day with my two youngest grandsons, who are such fun to be with. Tough as nails - straight out of the sopranos sometimes. I was tempted to put the 11 year old on abuzz, to match against some of the bad ones, but resisted.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 05:40 am
Clue: Lives near the mob.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 08:33 am
Clue: a baby's favorite person
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 09:23 am
Mamajuana?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 09:24 am
oh, yeah, that's gotta be it. new jersey, mama, and all...
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 10:38 am
Mamajuana is the correct answer.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
Ok, I have a question; how much is 64 Oz in metric? Or, how many quarts, that I can understand. But, please, no way I'm going to do some strange calculation here... I know I sit in front of a 'puter, but it's a quarter past two in the morning here... been done doing my job for today!

But! I almost forgot to tell ya! I used to drink wy too little, and realized that no chapstick in the world was going to relieve me from my chapped lips, water was the solution! So now I have between 2 and 3 liters a day. Works

Mac, how many have you guessed correctly?
0 Replies