Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 08:48 pm
Clue:
Quote:
live in Old Europe ( with many happy returns to New York
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 09:23 pm
THE CORRECT ANSWER IS TRAILBLAZER.

The new version of the the game will be called WHO POSTED THIS FOR THE PUREST. It will be based on all or some of the following and possibly additional guidelines:
1. Members who play will be expected to not use the query. These are folks who want to keep it a game. Looking for patterns in the clues, mistakes by the poster (me), or whatever tips you off.
2. There will be repeats of the authors of pass quotes, not the quotes.
3. Some members with fewer than 20 posts may be used. There will be a pattern to this...hope you figure it out before the others.
4. We will begin with groupings of ten quotes. Each quote will be handled as in the original game. However, after 10 quotes are used, there will be a period of downtime to regroup and accumulate new approvals by authors. During the original game, I found I did very little else with A2K.
5. Sometimes, I will announce ahead of time the hour you can expect the next clue or quote.
6. Each grouping of ten quotes will constitute one thread. The new game will be called WHO POSTED THIS FOR PUREST, p. 1. The next thread will be called WHO POSTED THIS FOR PUREST, p. 2.

You are encouraged to recommend quotes of unusual humor, clarity, wisdom and such. Send them re PM. I will confirm their use with the author. Of course, if their quote is used, you would not participate in solving that one quote. It is acceptable to recommend your own quotes; however, our perceptive members will probably note the game in which you withdrawn your participation. Smile It is also appropriate to ask other members to submit quotes to me, especially folks who are new to A2K. This activity tends to build communal feelings; so, introduce us to the new folks.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 04:32 am
I need five more quotes to complete the first set of ten.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 05:40 am
Come on this is too easy...mapleleaf posted this.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 06:56 am
No game as yet. I am waiting. Some members have received PMs which asks for permission to use their post.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2003 08:20 am
Two more PMs just arrived. Now, I need three more approvals and there will enough quotes for the first set of ten. Very Happy
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 08:55 am
I am confused. We are missing a whole section of postings. Is anyone else having this problem?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 09:01 am
Mapleleaf - there are posts missing from this thread? I hadn't seen any here - only on your new game...
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 12:08 pm
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2003 12:13 pm
Mapleleaf, that quote is posted here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9062&start=10
0 Replies