Clue: He is a member of the "B" family.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 31 May, 2003 09:45 pm
Blatham?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 31 May, 2003 09:46 pm
What did the "I was a prop" clue refer to?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 08:10 am
Mac got it...THE ANSWER IS BLATHAM

Mac, check his profile.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
...there's a population out there who truly don't get that this is more than just living together or the like (not that living

together isn't importantly, but please bear with me a moment).

For one thing, it's a lot tougher to get out of, if

it doesn't work out. Saying, "Oh, I'll just get a divorce." is a lot like saying "Oh, I'll just have surgery." It's not a

simple thing. With living together and dating, you can call it quits one day. If you're sensible and still somewhat

amicable, possessions are divided, the lease is broken, and everyone goes on their merry way. With marriage, it's a legal

commitment. It involves court and testimony and papers - a far cry from just handing back the keys.

I agree with the

counseling idea. I think something akin to pre-Cana should be done for everyone. I'm not talking about the religious

component. I mean, just have couples do a little waiting and a little talking before taking the plunge. .. … how the ceremony would go, and stuff like that, but we also

talked about what makes a marriage. I highly recommend such sessions for any couple considering marriage. If there are fewer

marriages, but the couples stay together longer and are happier, then I feel that's a far better boost to the institution

than merely more marriages for the sake of handing out licenses.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 08:14 am
Piffka?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 08:15 am
Nope!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 09:27 am
Clue: very, very, smart
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 11:36 am
Clue: hes
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 12:28 pm
Jespah? - she would note the legal commitment, and lord knows, she's smart!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 01:08 pm
Right on! Jespah is the correct answer.

IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER A QUOTE, IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. PM ME WITH A NOTE THAT SAYS IT IS OK TO USE YOUR QUOTE. THEN INCLUDE THE URL FOLLOWED BY THE QUOTE.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
As Jespah has already pointed out, Bostonians for some obscure reason call it 'tonic.' I remember visiting upstate New York with my parents when I was probably about 13 or 14 years old and asking a cold drink pushcart vendor at Niagara Falls what kinds of tonic he had. You should have seen the puzzled look he gace me. A ctach-all term I've heard used several places in the States, including Boston, is "soft drink." That's "soft" as opposed to "hard liquor." Interesting aside -- in ______ all "soft drinks" are called "lemonade." They use the word but it has nothing to do with lemons in their language. (Actually it's "limonade." Same thing.)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 02:41 pm
Ossobuco???
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 04:51 pm
Clue: A happy fellow
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 05:05 pm
Merry Andrew? (happy fellow)
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 05:39 pm
By Golly, MERRY ANDREW IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

That's all folks......until I get approval from some more authors.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 07:01 pm
WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
The quick and dirty answer is that the states have laws for the design and drafting of election ballots. To ensure that all candidates are properly listed on those ballots each state has a"cut off" point where the ballots can't be changed (so that they can get them printed/distributed so that everyone is using the same ballot.).

If someone dies after that cut-off date their name remains on the ballot. In most state's the govenror then appoints someone to fufill the duties of the deceased if they should win. This is exactly what happened in the Carnahan case mentioned above.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 07:03 pm
Another shot in the dark: Fishin . . .
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 07:05 pm
Setanta,
You are quick on the draw. Fishin' is the correct answer.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 08:15 pm
Kinda sounded like him . . .
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2003 09:50 pm
WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
I want my coffin packed with high explosives, THEN popped into the cremation fire. Nothing personal, but I'll be damned if I'm going without some company.
0 Replies