WHO POSTED THIS?

hiama

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 06:30 am
Nope taint me-I speak propper englissh I doose so there- Is it Artful ? Dodger ?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 07:04 am
Roger!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:26 am
Roger is the correct answer.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
We all take in absolutely incredibly vast amounts of information, and one way that we do that and retain it is by "chunking" it. For example, say that a person is shown a piece of paper with 45 random lines of different lengths, and is told to reproduce them, from memory, keeping placement, orientation, etc. It's hard!! But then say that the person is shown an archetypical house drawing -- front door, pointy roof, two windows, chimney, etc. Just so happens that it has the exact same number of lines, but they can be "chunked" into the "house" concept, and it's much easier to reproduce.

We do that all the time, with all kinds of different things. If someone is looking at what they think is a picture of a house, it's difficult to see the significance of the additional squiggly lines over there -- they don't belong to the house "chunk".
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:31 am
Given the subject matter, the considered nature of the response, the concision, the sentence structure, and the lack of typos, I'd have to say sozobe. The only thing that makes me think that might not be the case is "It's hard!!" I'm not so sure the double exclamation point fits.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:34 am
I'd agree with that conclusion, Pdog.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:35 am
I never use double exclamation points!!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:37 am
<grin>
Ya know, I dunno if I'd recognize my own posts if I read them here.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:04 am
Wow, I must be in Cleveland.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:05 am
pththt
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:21 am
SOZOBE IS THE CORRECT ANSWER

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
I like's 'em all really, 'cept modern c & w, which used ta be either hillbilly music or cowboy music. I liked ol' Hank Williams (the real one, who never promoted a football game in his short, high-rollin' life), an' Bob Wills an' Bill Monroe. In them days, somebody like Patsy Cline was just a popular singer (and very popular she was and remains), an' not a cw star.

I have the old rock-n-roll recordings i loved best--but mostly, i listen to what is commonly referred to as classical music, opera an' all. Course, i don't know if i can help ya with this, my favorite operas are Aida an' The Magic Flute, but i keep fergettin' the lyrics
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:27 am
sentanta ??

that "i" and an' and 'em and 'cept is sort of him - me thinks
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:41 am
Im with k..I dont know if Id recognize my own either...three years of typing away...makes for lots of garbage. However, some have certain styles so, you just never know.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:43 am
'tanta ain't that old, is he?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:47 am
SETANTA IS THE CORRECT ANSWER

I'm waiting for approval from other authors.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 09:49 am
I was going to say dyslexia in a playfull mood.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 10:11 am
oh. okay. 'tanta is that old.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:27 pm
WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
The Cheap Detective. I laughed so much I missed a lot of the dialogue and stayed to see it again. What a cast! Madeleine Kahn, Eileen Brennan, Marsha Mason, Peter Falk, James Coco , Dom Deluise, etc. Louise Fletcher and Fernando Lamas as Ilsa and Fernando Lamas as Laszlo ifrom Casablanca were hilarious, as were Ann-Margret and Sid Caesar as husband and wife. And Madeleine Kahns' la la la la la la la rendition of La Vie en Rose was a classic.

The In-laws. Peter Falk again, but this time with Alan Arkin as a dentist unwillingly drawn into iPeter Falk's spy escapades. "Serpentine, serpentine Max", Peter Falk yelled, and Alan Arkin awkwardly tried to do just that while bullets were being fired at him from every direction. That scene was priceless
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:37 pm
GWLightwizard

(a shot in the dark . . .)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 12:38 pm
Raggedyaggie
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 03:37 pm
Who said this:

Quote:
I LOVE my bikini
I like to wear pink bikinis
I is a pink bikini bunny!
I is couldn't live without my polka dots.
Me is NEED to wear bikini. Me is
wear bikini under my clothes.
Me is bikini bubbles bunny
0 Replies