WHO POSTED THIS?

Eva

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 07:08 pm
That's huggable HIAMA. I'd know him anywhere!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 08:25 pm
E V AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..... THE CORRECT ANSWER IS HIAMA (ONE OF HIS VARIOUS NAMES)

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
"In our universe at least, life not only can exist, but does exist. And that means that our Universe is itself, alive, in a very real sense. And we are its thoughts." With a followup from the same thread:

"The fact that consciousness exists at all, seems to speak volumes about the true nature of our Universe. A realization which seems to escape most people, many of whom think that science only reveals a bleak and meaningless reality. To me, nothing could be further from the truth."
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 10:29 pm
blatham?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 11:00 pm
Nope!

Clue:
Quote:
Amateur naturalist and astronomer
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 02:19 am
Clue:
Quote:
The Internet has been all good for me. It's there when I need it, and doesn't force itself on me or make more demand on my time than it returns in benefit. It provides a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips, a new range of communication and acquaintences, entertainment and almost endless possibilities for future innovation. It has improved my career and changed my life. The only downside is that my cable bill went up to support my connection, but my salary went up by a lot more, so it's all good
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:24 am
Clue:
Quote:

A rose divided by a birth
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:22 am
rosborne979

Sorry you had to practically spell it. Smile
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:16 am
Alright.... THE CORRECT ANSWER IS ROSBORNE979.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
How DO you do, oldandknew?
So very nice to meet you.
Together, you two just made this FIT-
I predict it will publish and be a Hit!!!!

I lost the page today, Letty- got one of those 'Page has expired', then "cannot find server" things... everything that could happen, DID.

The page also tells us we are posting on Friday 13th. Do you suppose the REAL Friday will be any worse?

Oh, I really like to write gibberish when I can THINK. Tonight I can't. I have been digging weeds , pulling crabgrass, and digging more weeds, until I have "glowed" (isn't that what southern women do when their pores pump water??)
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 01:14 pm
And this:
Quote:
I SEARCHED THE BILLIONS THO'TS ABUZZ
TO READ OF LETTY'S TWEE
OF WORDS ENCAPSULATING WIT
AND ENTERTAINING ME

SO NOW I FIND HER HERE
A BORN AGAIN REPOET
OH GOOD. VITALIZE WE WITH THOSE LINES
aND GET THE JUICES FLOWING

(i know you, but i really don't- i don't know much about this forum either, but trying)

VERI-FINE VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU ALL
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 03:38 pm
Clue: grew up on beans
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 05:51 pm
Clue: President John Kennedy was sometimes called ________.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 06:40 pm
Clue: _ _ _ _ _ _
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:10 pm
jackie
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:27 pm
Bill beat me to it.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:27 pm
Thank-goodness Bill came by.....then Montana...THE CORRECT ANSWER IS JACKIE.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
I tried to like but just couldn't, I changed channel one hour into the production. Couldn't take it!

Matthew Broderick was all wrong for the role. He didn't bring energy and enthusiasm to the role of professor Harold Hill. His performance was colorless, stiff, I just simply couldn't believe him as a con man.

The rest of the cast was not much better. Even the 'Trouble' and '76 Trombones' wasn't up to par. All in all a very bland production.

They shouldn't have mess with a classic movie! Robert Preston will always be The Music Man
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:33 pm
*caramel*
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:02 pm
You must have been looking over my shoulder. THE CORRECT ANSWER IS *CARAMEL*.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
I am not quite sure what we are disagreeing about. Here is how I see it. (Assuming the photon leaves the sun when the sun is directly overhead),

In Thomases point of view (which is perfectly correct). The photon travels in a straight line from the sun to the Earth. The fact that the Earth is rotating does not chenge this straight line.

When the photon reaches your eye, you be able to trace the path of the photon along a straight line to the sun. Of course the Earth will have rotated in this time and the Sun will know longer be directly overhead. But the straight line still exists and and still points directly to the Sun. Your inifinitely fast rocket can fly directly along this stright line back to the sun.

With your point of view, the photon started traveling along this line (think of the ants here). But as the photon (ant) travels toward you, you are spinning underneath it. The photon will appear to take a circular path for the same reason the sun does. (Of course this will be added to its path toward you). As you said previously the photon's path will be curved (becase you are spinning under it).

When the photon hits your eye, it will appear to have curved 2 degrees (the same as the Sun). Your eye always assumes that light travels in a straight line.

You are right the the photon is eight minutes old. It was in the old location when it started. However it has moved 2 degrees in these eight minutes. It's new position corresponds to the new position of the Sun.

So the photon reaching the eye is certainly *apparently* coming from where the sun "is". It's path has been deflected 2 degrees from where the sun was 8 minutes ago. Precisely the same amount for precisely the same reason.

It was your thought experiment that convinces me that this is the correct analysis.

It also matches up with Thomases point of view, which as I suggested above, is a criteria for any "correct" theory.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:06 pm
ebrown_p
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:12 pm
Clue:
Quote:

I'M GETTING LOW ON QUOTES. ABOUT TEN MEMBERS HAVE NOT SAID YES OR NO. IF THEY INFORMED ME, IT WOULD BE HELPFUL. IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS RE MEMBERS TO APPROACH, PLEASE PM ME.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 03:28 am
EBROWN_P IS THE CORRECT ANSWER.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Quote:
Beside the 9/11 attacks, can you give me evidence of one more attack or attemp on american soil? For more than a year and a half nothing happened but the Bush administration keeps warning and keeps feeding the fear. Because that fear paralyses the mass to see the real problems in the US. The 30 mio people living on food aid programs, the tax plan that only serves the rich and powerful, the corporate fraud,.... Those are the real problems of the US today.
0 Replies