Naked artwork with hundreds of Germans

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 05:29 am
I've been to Dachau and various other KZ's, worked with a KZ-memorial exhibition ... but I'd never got the idea to connect this with a KZ.

Sorry for being so ignorant, but I don't think that history is a reason to exclude a country from some "art".
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:32 am
I agree with Walter. At the same time, I find it hard to consider the pics true art.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 06:33 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I find it hard to consider the pics true art.

Well, I only can underline that Laughing
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:28 am
Italian classical painters paint pictures of big fat women.
Modern photographer photographs big fat women.
So it's the same, right? Art, innit?
Stands to reason.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 02:49 am
I've seen his work often but don't find it particularly interesting - I too got the ethnic cleansing uncomfortable feeling from the pyramid - no particular country, just universal atrocities. It probably wasn't intended by the photographer - I hesitate to say artist as to me it's photography and not art. (now there's another can of worms! I agree that some photography can be art, just don't think this is, personal opinion)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 03:53 am
Not being recently art schooled or having kept up, I dont know what is going on here besides the obvious. To me it is one more installation, reminding me of the wall of schoolchildren's bookbags I took a photo of when I wasn't allowed to photo otherwise in the ceramics museo in Faenza, may they rest in peace. Having been recently admitted to the morning tuning of very old violins in Cremona, I figured, re this place, pfui. Too bad.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 11:00 am
ossobuco wrote:
Not being recently art schooled or having kept up, I dont know what is going on here besides the obvious. .

.... nothing! (going on)

simply obvious and leaving me thinking 'so what?....'

your knowledge/instinct is fine without being recently art schooled Very Happy
0 Replies