DEAR MR./MS. PRESIDENT OF THE FUTURE....

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 11:26 pm
...here are some of my concerns:

...Frankly, I don't care about your political party, but I do want to see wise leadership. Someone who doesn't need four years to learn the job. An individual capable of recruiting the best of the best to run our country. A person who can sort through their ideals and command their respect.

IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE ACCEPTED BY THE SYSTEM, I HAVE TO POST MY THREAT IN SECTIONS.

Mapleleaf
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 607 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 11:27 pm
continued...

..Freedom of choice in Religion is important to me. I was raised in a Christian family, owe much of my upbringing to the leadership of my church(es). Now, I am a Unitarian-Universalist. I worry about losing that freedom of choice.

...Reason, logic and experience should not be replaced by a religious faith.

Mapleleaf
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 11:28 pm
continued...

...In times of need, I wonder why we don't have the money and resources to help the people of our own country.

...Why are our people so self-centered?

...Why does our success as a country have to be tied to our Gross National Product? Can we live on less and still be happy?

...Why can't we be part of the world team instead being the quarterback "OR ELSE" ?

Mapleleaf
0 Replies

paull

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 08:34 am
Your right to worship is guaranteed, but since the UUC and PBS are knit at the hip, I can see why their propaganda would worry you.

you might like this site: http://stoney.sb.org/uujokes.html
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 02:24 pm
paull,
I don't keep up with the national UU organization;and, the UU group I frequent has 15 people. So, why don't you enlighten me as to the "knit at the hip" comment. A PM would be appreciated as I don't consider this threat a critique of UU; I am interested in rather some individuals share any of my concerns or have some they would like to add to the list.

Maple
0 Replies

paull

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 06:30 pm
Maple, all the UUC parishioners I know, which is most of my in laws, are knee jerk liberals, nice people all but seemingly bent to the left since childhood. And, they all listen to PBS, mostly KPFA around here (northern california).

My point was that I infered that your fear of losing your "freedom of choice" was because of the current president, who you seemed to address the thread to. I don't know why that is a concern, other than to the paranoid.

On your other points, in times of crisis, other than not being instantly able to raise disaster victims to the comfortable middle class in a few days, I think we do ok.

Our people ARE self centered. Most others in the world are too, for less reason.

Can we live on less.........I can imagine a utopian scenario, but capitalism precludes it, and so far central management of economies has failed.

Quarterback? We are coach and owner as well, and every other player on the team, and the fans too.........because no one else will. The United States makes mistakes in foreign policy, which only means that it has one. The rest of the world is ONLY concerned with sectarian victory, or GNP, excepting our allies.

Cheers.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 07:12 pm
Has something changed? Sometimes, on abuzz, we had to post the long ones in sections, but I've never seen it happen here.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 09:39 pm
Thank-you paull for the details.

Hello Roger, did you attend the Chicago meeting?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 10:57 am
Re: DEAR MR./MS. PRESIDENT OF THE FUTURE....
Mapleleaf wrote:

IN ORDER FOR IT TO BE ACCEPTED BY THE SYSTEM, I HAVE TO POST MY THREAT IN SECTIONS.

Not on A2K, you don't. If you're having problems using the site, please post an inquiry in Forum Help.
0 Replies