2 year old son wakes up 3 times a night

vera979

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 06:28 am
My 2 year old son keep waking up 2-3 times each night.
It has been like this since his birth.
I cannot figure out the reason.
Did anyone have the same problem?
What is it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,525 • Replies: 7
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 06:49 am
Is he in his own room? Perhaps something is waking him up.

Take a book and sit for an hour, listening.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 07:26 am
hmmmm.....I'm 47 and I wake up 2 or 3 times a night.

I don't ever remember a time where I didn't, all the way back to 3 or 4.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 08:22 am
My mom couldn't figure out why I was always up and then she finally figured it out...I was cold. Is the temperature ok in your home?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 08:24 am
Do you use a night light? My daughter began waking up at 11 months and one night, too tired to get up, I flipped on the night light that I kept near my bed and she lay down in her crib across the hall and slept.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:20 am
Chai Tea wrote:
hmmmm.....I'm 47 and I wake up 2 or 3 times a night.

I don't ever remember a time where I didn't, all the way back to 3 or 4.

Yep, me too. I still have trouble going to sleep. I've always been an insomniac. My parents tell me that when I was a baby, the ONLY place I would sleep was laying on my father's chest.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:21 am
I can't tell if it was the warmth or the heartbeat.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:00 am
Like others said - make sure there isn't anything making him uncomfortable. If everything is o-k, does he have difficulity going back to sleep? Is he perhaps just checking to make sure you are still there?

My daughter is 7 and she is a frequent waker upper too and always has been. She typically gets up a couple of times a night. It used to be a problem when she had difficulty getting to sleep on her own. Now she usually just wants to "check on us" or go to the bathroom and pretty much just climbs back in bed and goes to sleep. My younger daughter is the opposite. Typically we put her to bed and usually don't hear from her again til morning. Just different personalities.

If he isn't having a problem getting back to sleep - I would just think it is part of who he is. If he is then I suggest bringing back to bed, tuck him in and comfort him by letting him know you are there/just in the next room, etc. and leave - don't make it too dramatic simply kiss and hug. I know this helps my daughter if she wakes and seems scared or unsettled.
0 Replies