Are there any Pilots around here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,418 • Replies: 14
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 01:19 pm
I saw one walk by about a half hour ago.
0 Replies

ktflyer

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 01:21 pm
Oh yea... What did he look like?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 01:23 pm
Tall, short brown hair, blue uniform, sunglasses.
0 Replies

ktflyer

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 01:26 pm
Well sounds like you did see one...... Smile
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 02:14 pm
He was falling down drunk, muttering about being late for something or other, then something about Miami, and something about "blood sugar."
0 Replies

ktflyer

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 02:17 pm
I'm not looking for people who have seen pilots. I'm looking actual pilots.
0 Replies

ktflyer

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 10:55 am
Come on! there's got to be at least one person that knows how fly an airplane on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 09:48 pm
I can fly an airplane on this site. Maybe not in real life, but on this site? Sure.
0 Replies

ktflyer

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 05:48 am
dang it! lol....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 09:03 am
There are several members here who are licensed pilots, and a few who own planes; I know one of 'em real well. What occasions your interest?
0 Replies

ktflyer

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:33 am
I'm taking flying lessons.... I have alway wanted to fly. Ever since I was little.. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me. I don't know, just chat I guess Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:48 am
Well, I'm a licensed pilot with several endorsements, and I own a light plane. My advice to you would be to get as much instruction as you can mange, and to rack up all the flying time, instructor and solo, that you can. Book-learning is good too, and I suggest you put lotsa effort into really getting a grip on navigation.

Oh, and a couple other things to remember: Thoroughly pre-flight your machine before takeoff, always file and follow a flight plan, and never forget that inside any cloud might be a big silver airliner.
0 Replies

ktflyer

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 01:32 pm
Thanks... that helps allot! I'm only on my 2 lesson, so I've got allot to learn..

How long have you been flying for? Do you still fly?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2006 07:11 pm
Took my first lessons when I was in the Boy Scouts - Ike was president. Don't fly anywhere near as much as I'd like to, but I try to put in a few hours a month, more or less just to keep current and to help me convince myself the insurance, maintenance, hangar rental, and field fees are justifiable. I've been involved with quite a few planes and a couple helicopters over the years, including military left-seat time - never really got comfortable with helicopters - them and me just don't seem to think alike. My current plane is an '01 Maule Orion, Ive had it about 3 years now, and its the second Maule I've had. It doesn't go very fast, doesn't go very high, but it goes pretty far and carries quite a bit, and it'll land and take off in a couple hundred yards of reasonably flat ground. Mine just has regular wheel & tire landing gear, but Maules are very popular bush planes, and lots of 'em are fitted with skis or floats. I'm not that adventurous anymore.
0 Replies