Hilllary Clinton vs. Condeliza Rice for president

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 01:38 am
Suppose both parties decided to put female candidates up for presidential election at the same time. It would be great b/c we would finally get our first female president no matter what happened.

The two most likely female candidates in the next election are Hillary Clinton and Condeliza Rice.

which of these two do you think would actually win if they were the two to run next election?

Please write the reason you would think so.

I'll add my reasons later.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,322 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:32 am
To some of America it would be Clinton because Rice is a bush-borg ass licking sycophant.

To some of America it would merely be because Rice is black.

Conversely I do not believe many black Americans would vote for her on that basis.

Oddly enough the majority who would not vote for her because she's black are in the party she represents.

There would be much gnashing of teeth and Hillary bashing, but in the end, in the booth all alone... I do not believe a lot of conservatives would vote for a black woman.

I would vote for her if she represented the way I think we should run this country, but I do not... it would be more bush type government and we can't afford that.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:35 am
i would far rather see them in a steel cage match fight to the death
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:40 am
djjd62 wrote:

With the winner getting a .38 slug between the eyes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:43 am
snood wrote:
djjd62 wrote:

With the winner getting a .38 slug between the eyes.

nah... loser has to blow Bill Clinton... if you believe the stories each would find it equally horrific....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:58 am
If its a fight to the death, the loser is already taken care of. The .38 slug would clean up the remaining piece of crap.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:04 am
snood wrote:
If its a fight to the death, the loser is already taken care of. The .38 slug would clean up the remaining piece of crap.

so snood... if it's hill vs. rice... shall we just have a party and get drunk that day?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:27 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
To some of America it would be Clinton because Rice is a bush-borg ass licking sycophant.
Are they sexist or racist? Is it a woman or a black person, who is unable to come to their own conclusions? If it is good for nothing else, I think her impressive resume should at least prove she is knowledgable enough to arrive at her own opinions, no matter how those opinions are received.
True, and a pity. These are some women, some blacks and some Democrats.
Conversely I do not believe many black Americans would vote for her on that basis.
I would bet that in the privacy of the voting booth, a surprizing percentage would vote for her. If she could make it to the general election, the temptation would be too great for many black voters. They are unique in their history here--their "immigration" mode. If I were black, considering everything, I may hold my nose for four years to smash that barrier.
Oddly enough the majority who would not vote for her because she's black are in the party she represents.
Correct! She's brilliant and impeccably qualified. Her resume leaves most politicians quaking in their expensive boots. It's about policy--not skin color. For some.
There would be much gnashing of teeth and Hillary bashing, but in the end, in the booth all alone... I do not believe a lot of conservatives would vote for a black woman.
I hope you have an opportunity to be proven wrong. Has her color hindered her skyward trajectory in the GOP yet? Have you seen polls of Republicans who would love the chance to vote for her?
I would vote for her if she represented the way I think we should run this country, but I do not... it would be more bush type government and we can't afford that.
You are partially correct here. She is hawkish on defense and straight-forward. She would be a better speaker (admittedly not a high bar to hurdle), and she is proving a great diplomat and voice for the US. I love for those assholes in the ME to have to listen to a woman. I don't know about other women here, but it THRILLS me that she was elevated to such a vital position, and I'm even more thrilled that the mysogynistic cretins in the ME have to treat her with respect.

I hate to see suggestions to kill either of them, though.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:31 am
Lash wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Are they sexist or racist? Is it a woman or a black person, who is unable to come to their own conclusions? If it is good for nothing else, I think her impressive resume should at least prove she is knowledgable enough to arrive at her own opinions, no matter how those opinions are received.
True, and a pity. These are some women, some blacks and some Democrats.
I would bet that in the privacy of the voting booth, a surprizing percentage would vote for her. If she could make it to the general election, the temptation would be too great for many black voters. They are unique in their history here--their "immigration" mode. If I were black, considering everything, I may hold my nose for four years to smash that barrier.
Correct! She's brilliant and impeccably qualified. Her resume leaves most politicians quaking in their expensive boots. It's about policy--not skin color. For some.
I hope you have an opportunity to be proven wrong. Has her color hindered her skyward trajectory in the GOP yet? Have you seen polls of Republicans who would love the chance to vote for her?
You are partially correct here. She is hawkish on defense and straight-forward. She would be a better speaker (admittedly not a high bar to hurdle), and she is proving a great diplomat and voice for the US. I love for those **** in the ME to have to listen to a woman. I don't know about other women here, but it THRILLS me that she was elevated to such a vital position, and I'm even more thrilled that the mysogynistic cretins in the ME have to treat her with respect.

I hate to see suggestions to kill either of them, though.

I'm a lover not a fighter. I want them giving out hummers. Please don't turn me in to the FBI Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:35 am
and i never suggested killing either of them, i suggested they fight to the death
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:38 am
I'm sure the CIA monitors see that you didn't suggest it, Bear. Their only concern about you is that you don't educate their daughters.

Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:39 am
djjd62 wrote:
and i never suggested killing either of them, i suggested they fight to the death

Yes. I realize that. I thought that was funny.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:48 am
Lash wrote:
I'm sure the CIA monitors see that you didn't suggest it, Bear. Their only concern about you is that you don't educate their daughters.

Laughing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/musicians_are_better.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:26 am
It's the old "big penis and the musician" adage.

Who knows which really comes first--the big penis or the musical career?

I had a boyfriend in high school...lead guitar in a pretty good garage band... I never knew how good I had it until my next relationship...and the one after that....and the one after that...

There is no documentation to support it...but I swear....

musician = huge love rocket
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:43 am
Consider it confirmed. :wink:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:52 am
I knew it!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

...and, sincere congratulations, Squinney. Very Happy

<kicks can>
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 10:34 am
I can't stand either Hillary or Rice, so I would vote for neither. But in a perfect world it would seem as though an African Americal woman running for President under the Republican ticket could be disastrous for the Republican Party, and further demonstrate that they are truly the party not of Lincoln, but of racist bigots. On the other hand, Democrats/Liberals/Progressives would definitely not vote for Rice, for they are seeing how much of a suck-up she's been regarding the Bush administration, as well as her unbelievable incompetence in everything she does as Secretary of State.

Hillary has her own problems. She voted to authorize Bush to bomb the living sh!t out of Iraq and destabilize the Middle East, which is slowly leading to the erosion of American credibility throughout the world, and creating more enemies who wish to do us in. She has ponied up with Republicans who do not share the same progressive interests many liberals have, and has attempted to appear more of a centrist/populist at time of great polarization in this country. On the one hand it is an effective strategy in positioning herself for 2008, but it is also politics as usual, and it is part of a variety of reasons why I am no longer a Democrat, and haven't been for quite some time.

In the end, I believe Hillary would win over Rice. Rice is the one with the atrocious reputation in international affairs, whereas Hillary has been quite effective as a New York Senator, as many New York Republicans would attest to.

Them's my two bits.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 10:43 am
Okay, I thought about it, and I don't guess the winner should be shot.

...between the eyes.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 04:59 pm
I'd have to do a Ross Perot write in if it was Clinton / Rice.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 09:49 pm
I don't see it happenin'.
0 Replies