Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 08:18 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 402 • Replies: 10
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 09:50 am
Your thread title is misleading, but what else is new where you are concerned. The poll cited is a poll of Americans. They said they don't think the world respects Bush.

From my reading, nothing in this poll indicates whether the world respects Bush or not. Not even a poll of non-Americans (the rest of the world) about whether or not they respect Bush.

But, since I also believe that the world as a whole does not respect Bush, I will shrug and say who really cares what the world thinks of him. He's not their president and I don't care if they respect him or not. I doubt they respected Clinton, Carter, Ford, Bush 1, etc.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:01 am
CostalRat
CoastalRat wrote:
Your thread title is misleading, but what else is new where you are concerned. The poll cited is a poll of Americans. They said they don't think the world respects Bush.

From my reading, nothing in this poll indicates whether the world respects Bush or not. Not even a poll of non-Americans (the rest of the world) about whether or not they respect Bush.

But, since I also believe that the world as a whole does not respect Bush, I will shrug and say who really cares what the world thinks of him. He's not their president and I don't care if they respect him or not. I doubt they respected Clinton, Carter, Ford, Bush 1, etc.

The thread title is not mine. It is the title of the Poll's article.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:03 am
Spend more time watching CNN or Al Jazeera. Same network.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:07 am
Re: CostalRat
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:

The thread title is not mine. It is the title of the Poll's article.

BBB

Maybe you should think about not posting something when you see an article titled one thing that then does not support the title. Should have been a red-flag from the get-go. Either that or consider making your thread title match what the article really says. Just a thought.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:08 am
BBB
Won't bother to do that because you are just upset at the poll results, not my thread title.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:12 am
I'm not upset - I expect as much. The last thing I want is another U.N. kissass like Clinton.

Impeach Kofi.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:24 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Won't bother to do that because you are just upset at the poll results, not my thread title.

BBB

I couldn't care less about the poll results. As I said, I don't think the rest of the world respects Bush either. But what I think and what reality is about the rest of the world may or may not be two different things. Yours is just another example of twisting facts for your own purpose. The fact that you don't wish to change your thread title to something which better reflects what the poll says just goes to prove my point.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 07:23 am
CoastalRat wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

I couldn't care less about the poll results. As I said, I don't think the rest of the world respects Bush either. But what I think and what reality is about the rest of the world may or may not be two different things. Yours is just another example of twisting facts for your own purpose. The fact that you don't wish to change your thread title to something which better reflects what the poll says just goes to prove my point.

Your demand indicates your ignorance of A2K's structure. You know that I cannot change the title, even if I wanted to, due to A2K's prevention of editing posts to which replies have been posted.

So enough about the title. What about the results of the poll?

BBB
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 08:50 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

Your demand indicates your ignorance of A2K's structure. You know that I cannot change the title, even if I wanted to, due to A2K's prevention of editing posts to which replies have been posted.

So enough about the title. What about the results of the poll?

BBB

I addressed the results of the poll. It matters not that many Americans THINK the world has no respect for Bush. I don't THINK the world respects Bush either, just as I don't particularly respect the leaders of several countries. But I could give a rat's patooie what the world thinks of Bush, assuming that the world does not respect him, something the poll does not address at all.

And btw, I never demanded that you change your title. In fact, I never demanded anything of you. I only stated that your title did not reflect the article and it would be more honest of you if it did. Of course, I used a lot more words and may not have been as clear as I intended.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 01:44 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
The fact that you don't wish to change your thread title to something which better reflects what the poll says just goes to prove my point.

And in a later post-

CoastalRat wrote:
And btw, I never demanded that you change your title.

Sorry, Coastal Rat, but it sure seems like you did just that.

As far as the thread title goes, this is an American based site, (though all nationalities are welcome) with an overwhelmingly American membership. If you want to be nitpicking and say that the title should be "Americans Believe World Doesn't Respect Bush", then go ahead. But there are so many polls being discussed on these pages all the time, and since any discrepancy about what the poll is about is cleared up in the first sentence of the quoted article, I really don't see why you are making a big fuss about the title.
0 Replies