we say terrorists kill innocent people...

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 07:33 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
Like Frank, I, too, love America. Perhaps more than most people do. Which is precisely why I abhor, detest and hate the current administration in Washington. Talk about un-American. You've just described Cheney and half of Bush's cabinet. These dudes have made the country I love look like something which it isn't meant to be and was never meant to be -- an aggressive, slobbering bully, an imperialist superpower, ready to step on anyone that gets in its way. That isn't America. That's the Bush vision of America.

I note that you haven't mentioned one single specific thing that they've done. This is the type of criticism, consisting only of adjectives, that could be directed at anyone.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:23 am
There are other threads that deal with the 'beneficial Bush administration'. Going into that subject matter is detouring the thread. Please, lets stay on topic.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 09:20 am
najmelliw wrote:
Even with millitary operations, I doubt whether the deaths of civilians are as unintentional as they are often portrayed. See my previous post.

They most assuredly are not anywhere near as "unintentional" as some would portray them to be.

That is what I've been trying to get through Brandon's thick skull...but apparently the thickness is too great to breech.

It disgusts me that people strap explosives to their bodies and detonate them on public buses. It also disgusts me that some people, like Brandon, can be disgusted by that...but manage to appear so accommodating to the excesses of what they consider the "we."

But we have talked this to death...and I guess the best thing is to move on.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 10:03 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
najmelliw wrote:
Even with millitary operations, I doubt whether the deaths of civilians are as unintentional as they are often portrayed. See my previous post.

They most assuredly are not anywhere near as "unintentional" as some would portray them to be.

That is what I've been trying to get through Brandon's thick skull...but apparently the thickness is too great to breech.

It disgusts me that people strap explosives to their bodies and detonate them on public buses. It also disgusts me that some people, like Brandon, can be disgusted by that...but manage to appear so accommodating to the excesses of what they consider the "we."

No such luck. The difference is immense morally between the kind of accidental civilian deaths which have occurred in all wars, and the deliberate targetting of non-combatants by the Palestinians. If you know of a case in which the Israeli military, acting according to orders, deliberately tried to kill non-combatants, you need only post it.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 10:30 am
Brandon

You seem content to think that Israel's the hero in this war, and that the palestinians are the big bad wolves.

But remember how Israel became a state.

How would you like it if someone came to take over your home, your town, your country one day based on a decicion made by many nations on some meeting. What would you do?

The area that is Israel today was given to the jews after WW2 as a compensation for the crimes committed against them. Why that particular area?
Because that is the area the jews were abducted from thousands of years ago according to the bible.

Trouble is that in the meantime other folks have settled there, the palestinians.

How would you like it if your house was suddenly declared indian territory again?

If you ask me the claim the Jews hold to Israel is unjustifiable. It is not their land.
0 Replies

Michael S

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 10:42 am
I think a great topic, I have thought much on this over the years.

Q. If a bunch of liberals decide rehabilitaton is needed for rapists and murders so they are set free from prison, then to recommit. Is the liberal to be held responsible ?

Q You have a guy who you know has information on a bomb that will kill thousands in less than 2 hours , do you read him his rights and call a layer?

Q Your feeding off the state, yet you know the states biggest earner is weapons and guns , what does that mean?

Ultimately. You are responsible for your actions, and your actions alone. The actions you choose define you as a woman/man , sometimes we are not as heroic as we may wish.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:06 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
najmelliw wrote:

No such luck. The difference is immense morally between the kind of accidental civilian deaths which have occurred in all wars, and the deliberate targetting of non-combatants by the Palestinians. If you know of a case in which the Israeli military, acting according to orders, deliberately tried to kill non-combatants, you need only post it.

I think the Israelis are doing exactly what they MUST do to protect their country.

But that does not mean that I must be blind to their (or our) intentionally killing innocents and non-combatants.

IT IS A NECESSARY AND UNAVOIDABLE PART OF WAR.

Why can't you get that through your thick skull??????
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:50 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Brandon

You seem content to think that Israel's the hero in this war, and that the palestinians are the big bad wolves.

But remember how Israel became a state.

How would you like it if someone came to take over your home, your town, your country one day based on a decicion made by many nations on some meeting. What would you do?

The area that is Israel today was given to the jews after WW2 as a compensation for the crimes committed against them. Why that particular area?
Because that is the area the jews were abducted from thousands of years ago according to the bible.

Trouble is that in the meantime other folks have settled there, the palestinians.

How would you like it if your house was suddenly declared indian territory again?

If you ask me the claim the Jews hold to Israel is unjustifiable. It is not their land.

You're off topic. Start another thread for that discussion.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:55 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
najmelliw wrote:

I think the Israelis are doing exactly what they MUST do to protect their country.

But that does not mean that I must be blind to their (or our) intentionally killing innocents and non-combatants.

IT IS A NECESSARY AND UNAVOIDABLE PART OF WAR.

Why can't you get that through your thick skull??????

Probably because you seem unable to give a single example of it during say the past 25 years, whereas the Palestinians deliberately try to kill women and children like it was a new sport. My opinion is that anyone who deliberately targets non-combatants is a war criminal, and ought to be either killed in battle or tried before the World Court.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:04 pm
Quote:

A strange thing to say to me...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:09 pm
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Why? People say it to me all the time. We're discussing who's a terrorist and who isn't.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:42 pm
Getting back on topic, the US Government has killed 150,000 Iraqi citizens. Out of that 150,000 perhaps one or two have been actual terrorists. Not to mention the 3,000 of our sodliers that have been killed.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:49 pm
NickFun wrote:
Getting back on topic, the US Government has killed 150,000 Iraqi citizens. Out of that 150,000 perhaps one or two have been actual terrorists. Not to mention the 3,000 of our sodliers that have been killed.

How is this different from deaths in all other wars? Can you find an instance in which US soldiers were ordered to attack non-combatants as the intended targets, as the Palestinians always do?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:14 pm
At least most other wars had a reason and defined goals. This war by the US was simply a vengeful act of terrorism.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:17 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Probably because you seem unable to give a single example of it during say the past 25 years, whereas the Palestinians deliberately try to kill women and children like it was a new sport.

Are you deliberately trying to act the as shole...or is it something that comes naturally?

We (members of the military forces of the United States) has set off explosions; dropped bombs, and fired various weapons in cities and towns throughout Iraq and Afganastan goddam near every day for the last several years.

Are you terminally stupid...or can you figure out that doing so places all sorts of innocent people at risk...and many of those who where at risk are no longer at risk because they are fukin' dead.

Men, women, children, babies!

Jesus H. Keerist, man...get your head out of your ass.

How can you continue to claim I have not given a single example.

Is it names you want?

Go look the fukin' names up yourself.

Quote:

My opinion is that anyone who deliberately targets non-combatants is a war criminal, and ought to be either killed in battle or tried before the World Court.

So go pick up a weapon and kill 'em instead of sitting on your ass pretending to be a tiger.

They obviously don't give a shyt what your "opinion" is...and I am sure they feel they are just as honorable doing what they are doing as we are in doing what we are doing.

Wake the hell up!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:20 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Why? People say it to me all the time. We're discussing who's a terrorist and who isn't.

Wanna put it to a vote?

Let's take the vote in Iraq...or Iran...and let's be sure to include the name George Dumbya Bush in the list of contenders.

MY BET: There are tens of millions of people who consider George Dumbya Bush to be one of the world's greatest terrorists...and who consider the United States of America to be one of the greatest of the terrorists nations.

I DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM...but they have a right to think that way...and in a formal debate, their position could easily be argued and sustained.

Terrorism is in the eyes of the beholder.

It is idiots like you on our side...and your counterparts on the other side that cause most of the problems in the world right now.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:21 pm
Make that..."close-minded idiots..."!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:26 pm
NickFun wrote:
At least most other wars had a reason and defined goals. This war by the US was simply a vengeful act of terrorism.

In what way was it terrorism? Terrorism is any action you don't agree with? The stated rationale for the war was concern about weapons development by Saddam Hussein, not revenge. Can you disprove this?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:27 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Wanna put it to a vote?

Let's take the vote in Iraq...or Iran...and let's be sure to include the name George Dumbya Bush in the list of contenders.

MY BET: There are tens of millions of people who consider George Dumbya Bush to be one of the world's greatest terrorists...and who consider the United States of America to be one of the greatest of the terrorists nations.

I DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM...but they have a right to think that way...and in a formal debate, their position could easily be argued and sustained.

It is idiots like you on our side...and your counterparts on the other side that cause most of the problems in the world right now.

I think you were about to give an example of the US targetting non-combatants for attack in the past quarter century or so.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:30 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cyracuz wrote:
Quote:

Wanna put it to a vote?

I think you were about to give an example of the US targetting non-combatants for attack in the past quarter century or so.

You simply are too fukin' stupid to deal with this stuff, Brandon. Go back to playing with the kids in the playground.
0 Replies