What liberal media?

dyslexia

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 03:32 pm
paull wrote:
One has to remember that JTT and his ilk find the MSM, which is profoundly liberal, to be to their right. It is all perspective, after all.

Yes it is, Indeed it is, The Wall Street Journal is, in fact, run by commie pinko jews, and that's a fact. I suppose it could be worse and they would sell out to catholics or blacks or, even, illegal mexican aliens. I seee suicide as the only rational conservative option.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 04:05 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I seee suicide as the only rational conservative option.

I don't think that you killing yourself would make anyone happy for long...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 04:10 pm
Yes of course McG the saving feature of my suicide post was the assumption that there is no such critter as a rational conservative (republican) I am currently working on (Preface to a 20 Volume Suicide Note) perhaps in the many years it will take to comple the note you will have learned to read. I should like to note that I have many friends that are "conservative' and because they are conseervative none of them voted for George W Bush.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 03:19 am
Merry Andrew is absolutely correct when he wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone still actually believe that ancient myth about "the liberal media"? With remarkably few exceptions, the media are in the hip pocket of the current administration and of big businesses. It's been that way for at least the past 50 years or thereabouts. PBS/NPR is a rare exception, but even they're not radical in any sense. NY Times has gotten positively right wing, with the Washington Post not far behind. I have no idea what the neocons are talking about when they label the media "liberal."

eND OF QUOTE

The proof is found in the recent atrocious events in Washington State which decreed that loving gays could not get married like the rest of the populace does-- a true abrogation of basic rights.

and, the neocons struck again with their ridiculous backing of the law which does not allow anyone to take a minor out of state for an abortion( There are some states in which it is virtually impossible to find an abortion clinic)

We are losing our liberties slowly but surely when gays and innocent girls needing abortions are deprived of their constitutional rights!!!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 04:14 am
BernardR wrote:
Merry Andrew is absolutely correct when he wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone still actually believe that ancient myth about "the liberal media"? With remarkably few exceptions, the media are in the hip pocket of the current administration and of big businesses. It's been that way for at least the past 50 years or thereabouts. PBS/NPR is a rare exception, but even they're not radical in any sense. NY Times has gotten positively right wing, with the Washington Post not far behind. I have no idea what the neocons are talking about when they label the media "liberal."

eND OF QUOTE

The proof is found in the recent atrocious events in Washington State which decreed that loving gays could not get married like the rest of the populace does-- a true abrogation of basic rights.

and, the neocons struck again with their ridiculous backing of the law which does not allow anyone to take a minor out of state for an abortion( There are some states in which it is virtually impossible to find an abortion clinic)

We are losing our liberties slowly but surely when gays and innocent girls needing abortions are deprived of their constitutional rights!!!!

The media, somehow, have something to do with any of this? It's the newspapers and TV stations that enact state laws? Stay off the sauce, Chickie.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 10:52 am
BernardR wrote:

Funny, I don't recollect a "basic right" to marry whomever I want, nor a right to take minors across state lines, for any purpose...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 11:22 am
slkshock7 wrote:

... nor a right to take minors across state lines, for any purpose...

So much for the summer holiday season. All those amusement parks are sure going to fall on hard times. The US is indeed a lucky place to have such a surfeit of constitutional scholars.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 04:57 pm
JTT wrote:
slkshock7 wrote:

... nor a right to take minors across state lines, for any purpose...

So much for the summer holiday season. All those amusement parks are sure going to fall on hard times. The US is indeed a lucky place to have such a surfeit of constitutional scholars.

A2K has a surfeit of Constitutional experts, JTT. That, and muddiers of the waters with uncanny abilities to go totally off-topic to make whatever point they wish to make. I'm still trying to figure out what any of these non-sequiturs have to do with the alleged bias of the mass media.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 05:37 pm
Well, You may not be outraged by the media's attempts to sugar coat this VITAL issue, but I am and I am sure that many others are also.

The story-Washington state's top court upholds marriage ban has been relegated to PAGE 28. THAT IS PROOF OF THE RIGHT WING MEDIA BIAS since the rights of millions of gay people are in jeapardy. This should have been a front page story.

It reads:
"The Washington Supreme Court upheld the state's ban on gay marriage Wednesday, dealing the gay rights movement its second major defeat in less than a month in a liberal leaning state that was regarded as a promising battleground....Disappointment was perhaps greatest in Seattle, home of the state's most visible gay community,

"There aren't enough words to decribe how HURT people in the gay and lesbian community are. There are a lot of TEARS and a LOT OF ANGER right now. Emotion is raw" said State Rep. Ed, Murray, a Seattle Democrat and one of four openly gay lawmakers"

It is all well and good for some on these posts to make fun of the gay community but it is clear to me that the right wing media and the neanderthal judges appointed by President Bush are really taking away fundamental rights!!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 06:20 pm
Possum, I must iterate, it is delightful to see you back among us.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 27 Jul, 2006 11:16 pm
We complain about the media but we overlook their real atrocities--
The story-Washington state's top court upholds marriage ban--- has been relegated to PAGE 28. THAT IS PROOF OF THE RIGHT WING MEDIA BIAS since the rights of millions of gay people are in jeapardy. This should have been a front page story.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2006 12:12 pm
BernardR wrote:
We complain about the media but we overlook their real atrocities--
The story-Washington state's top court upholds marriage ban--- has been relegated to PAGE 28. THAT IS PROOF OF THE RIGHT WING MEDIA BIAS since the rights of millions of gay people are in jeapardy. This should have been a front page story.

Bernard,
Which paper relegated the story to page 28? And what were the stories that made the front page so comparisons of "worthiness" can be made. I can think of lots of stories that would certainly affect more folks (and from those same editor's viewpoint, sell more papers) in Washington State than gay marriage or its ban.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 02:04 am
The Chicago Sun Times, Mr. Parados. The headline that day in the Sun Times related to the flap about Wal-MArt stores.

I am certain that if a group of newspapers were examined, it would be found that this story has been given short shrift. The gay community thought the story was buried and should have been given much more prominence. I agree!!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 07:34 am
I'm beginning to think I am Bernard's imaginary friend.

I haven't posted here in over a week and my post has nothing to do with what you are presently talking about.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2006 11:46 pm
I beg your pardon, Mr. Parados.My post should have been addressed to Slkshock.
0 Replies