Jesus Never Worshipped God.

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:55 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
I think that the problem that these acolytes have is opening their underdevelopped minds...and accepting that the action of praying constitutes as worship...don't you agree, Frank?

I'm not sure what is up with Scott, Jason.

I suspect he has been indoctrinated into a cult that professes that Jesus never worshipped the god that he worshipped.

You know how it is with cults.

Once they get something into their minds...you can't do anything about it.

This one is a doozey, though.

It's very sad, Frank…really. Thinking profoundly about this, I have come to the conclusion that religion is a tremendous insult to human intelligence…and I think that "Cy" is very good example of that.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:59 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

I suspect he has been indoctrinated into a cult that professes that Jesus never worshipped the god that he worshipped.

Hey Jason I am not sure what is up with Frank either. So at least me and Frank are on the same page there.
He has been indoctrinated into his cult so throughly that he is unable to open his mind and try to see something from a different perspective. He worships man as the highest of all evolution.
You probably don't understand how it is with he scientific cult community but trust me there is a conspiracy to remove God from everything.
Once these science cult guys get something in their minds they are totally unable to see simple and plain truths.
Poor Frank is more than a doozy, he is a dozen of doozies.

I don't get what you mean here. sorry. can you elaborate?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 11:15 pm
Re: yes Jesus in the flesh worshipped God the father
EpiNirvana wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:

Luk 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.[/i][/u]

So the question is here who was Satan tempting here?

Jesus.

And Jesus said what?

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

This is one of the greatest out right ddeclarationsthat Jesus was claiming to be God. But not just God, but Satan's God.

Hmm......This is fasinating. But my question is if Jesus was alone...how did the disciples know to write this down? If Jesus said it that doesnt make any sense, b/c he usally is so fague and crafty with words....If satan told them that would be a complete differnt side all together.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:29 am
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Hey Jason I am not sure what is up with Frank either. So at least me and Frank are on the same page there.
He has been indoctrinated into his cult so throughly that he is unable to open his mind and try to see something from a different perspective. He worships man as the highest of all evolution.
You probably don't understand how it is with he scientific cult community but trust me there is a conspiracy to remove God from everything.
Once these science cult guys get something in their minds they are totally unable to see simple and plain truths.

Sorry even with elaboration you probably wouldn't GET IT.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:22 am
Scott777ab wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yeah, it's a probability. But you wouldn't know this if you didn't try… would you, Einstein?
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:37 pm
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yeah, it's a probability. But you wouldn't know this if you didn't try… would you, Einstein?

Just reread it with this sentence correction.

(You should be He) probably don't understand how it is with he scientific cult community but trust me there is a conspiracy to remove God from everything.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 03:24 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

(You should be He) probably don't understand how it is with he scientific cult community but trust me there is a conspiracy to remove God from everything.

Much clearer now. But why do think that there is a conspiracy? What is the evidence that supports such thing?
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 03:25 pm
5 quote in quotes and counting...
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 03:58 pm
There is little need to discuss this issue with people who don't take a word of the bible seriously, Scott. Oh, for the record, you may count me amongst them.
Setanta has in other threads mentioned, and I agree with him, that it is wrong to think of men in earlier times to be less intelligent then us. The discussion about the relationship between God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Ghost has raged on for decades. This was in a time where those who discussed the issue were at least all devout Christians (even that holds not true nowadays). They never resolved their issues, instead they chose one way and declared any and all following any other line of thought as being heretic.

So don't expect an answer anytime shortly.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 04:26 pm
najmelliw wrote:

Setanta has in other threads mentioned, and I agree with him, that it is wrong to think of men in earlier times to be less intelligent then us.

Why is it wrong to think that ancient people were more obtuse than we? The percentage of educated contemporary people now exceeds the percentage of educated ancient people in the time the Bible was written. Do you have at least an idea why you agree with Setanta? Or you just feel like he has it right?

najmelliw wrote:

The discussion about the relationship between God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Ghost has raged on for decades. This was in a time where those who discussed the issue were at least all devout Christians (even that holds not true nowadays). They never resolved their issues, instead they chose one way and declared any and all following any other line of thought as being heretic.

What your point here? Is there a punch line stemming from your previous statement?

najmelliw wrote:

Why not?
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 05:23 pm
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
najmelliw wrote:

Setanta has in other threads mentioned, and I agree with him, that it is wrong to think of men in earlier times to be less intelligent then us.

Why is it wrong to think that ancient people were more obtuse than we? The percentage of educated contemporary people now exceeds the percentage of educated ancient people in the time the Bible was written. Do you have at least an idea why you agree with Setanta? Or you just feel like he has it right?

Intelligence may be bolstered by education, but is certainly not causally depending on it. Those people lived in times where the total sum of human knowledge was less then the total sum of today, and, as a result, they had no way of explaining certain phenomena we now take for granted. Read the works of for instance Aristotle or Plato, or, to stay in the specified time, the work of Augustine of Hippo, one of the church fathers. These men were just as capable of rationalizing difficult concepts and finding explanations for them as any of us.

najmelliw wrote:

The discussion about the relationship between God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Ghost has raged on for decades. This was in a time where those who discussed the issue were at least all devout Christians (even that holds not true nowadays). They never resolved their issues, instead they chose one way and declared any and all following any other line of thought as being heretic.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

What your point here? Is there a punch line stemming from your previous statement?

Hmm. What I am trying to say is that this is a question (did Jesus worship God, or WAS he God's manifestation on earth?) has taken those people, well versed in the bible and church doctrine, a long time to discuss this and they were never able to resolve it. So, giving that, I'm saying there is little to no hope for anyone trying to resolve it now while many of atheists or other sceptici will keep on shooting propositions down.
najmelliw wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Why not?

See above
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 07:34 pm
najmelliw wrote:

Intelligence may be bolstered by education, but is certainly not causally depending on it.
najmelliw wrote:

Those people lived in times where the total sum of human knowledge was less then the total sum of today,

Are you agreeing that back then people were more ignorant percentage-wise than contemporary people?

najmelliw wrote:

and, as a result, they had no way of explaining certain phenomena we now take for granted.

They had a method for explaining what they did not understood…today we call it "myths."
najmelliw wrote:

Read the works of for instance Aristotle or Plato, or, to stay in the specified time, the work of Augustine of Hippo, one of the church fathers.

I have read them…now, what's your point?

najmelliw wrote:

These men were just as capable of rationalizing difficult concepts and finding explanations for them as any of us.

What does this have to do with the main topic of this argument?

najmelliw wrote:

Hmm. What I am trying to say is that this is a question (did Jesus worship God, or WAS he God's manifestation on earth?) has taken those people, well versed in the bible and church doctrine, a long time to discuss this and they were never able to resolve it.

What about considering the probability that Jesus may have never existed? Read the work of Lord Raglan, Otto Rank, and Alan Dundes. There is plenty of evidence revolving around this matter. But don't take my word for it…investigate yourself.

najmelliw wrote:

So, giving that, I'm saying there is little to no hope for anyone trying to resolve it now while many of atheists or other sceptici will keep on shooting propositions down.

As I said…there are plenty of evidence concerning the nonexistence of God, gods, Jesus, and the whole enchilada.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 08:21 pm
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Much clearer now. But why do think that there is a conspiracy? What is the evidence that supports such thing?

Let's just take the MOST obvious one. The removal of school prayer during the sixties.
( there is no god to believe in is basically what they want people to believe )

Another the Roe vs. Wade case.
( there is no god to believe in is basically what they want people to believe and sense god don't exist life really don't start till birth which is BS )

The removal of the 10 commandments in Goverment buildings
( again there is no god to believe in )

and on and on and on.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 02:07 am
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
najmelliw wrote:

Intelligence may be bolstered by education, but is certainly not causally depending on it.

Oh really? Well, you are probably right then, and I must be as dumb as a tack, since I do not understand the point you seem to want to make.

najmelliw wrote:

Those people lived in times where the total sum of human knowledge was less then the total sum of today,

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

Are you agreeing that back then people were more ignorant percentage-wise than contemporary people?

No contention. I agree. I'm just arguing that intelligence and ignorance are not mutually exclusive.

najmelliw wrote:

and, as a result, they had no way of explaining certain phenomena we now take for granted.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

They had a method for explaining what they did not understood…today we call it "myths."

Aye. But there was no system behind those explanations, now was there? What cannot be explained, must come from the unexplainable.

najmelliw wrote:

Read the works of for instance Aristotle or Plato, or, to stay in the specified time, the work of Augustine of Hippo, one of the church fathers.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

najmelliw wrote:

These men were just as capable of rationalizing difficult concepts and finding explanations for them as any of us.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

It has to do with your question regarding the intelligence of the people in our past.

najmelliw wrote:

Hmm. What I am trying to say is that this is a question (did Jesus worship God, or WAS he God's manifestation on earth?) has taken those people, well versed in the bible and church doctrine, a long time to discuss this and they were never able to resolve it.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

What about considering the probability that Jesus may have never existed? Read the work of Lord Raglan, Otto Rank, and Alan Dundes. There is plenty of evidence revolving around this matter. But don't take my word for it…investigate yourself.

Well, what does THAT have to do with the main topic? Because if you choose to argue about the question whether Jesus worshipped God or not, you already accept the hidden premise that Jesus was an actual historical figure. The second hidden premise here is that the Bible (NT particularly) provides us with a fairly accurate image of Jesus and his actions.
As for the authors you mentioned, no I haven't read them. Is there some online work of them that you know of?

najmelliw wrote:

So, giving that, I'm saying there is little to no hope for anyone trying to resolve it now while many of atheists or other sceptici will keep on shooting propositions down.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

As I said…there are plenty of evidence concerning the nonexistence of God, gods, Jesus, and the whole enchilada.

Well, there's the proof, isn't it?
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 05:12 pm
najmelliw wrote:
Jason Proudmoore wrote:
najmelliw wrote:

najmelliw wrote:

Oh really? Well, you are probably right then, and I must be as dumb as a tack, since I do not understand the point you seem to want to make.

Your brain is engaged in so much brain activity, it seems. It ain't rocket science, my friend.
You said that "intelligence may be bolstered by education, but is certainly not causally depending on it." As you can see, I provided you with the definition of the word" intelligence," which clearly debunks your silly statement. "Intelligence" depends on what we KNOW about anything…do you now understand the point I seem to want to make?

najmelliw wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

najmelliw wrote:

No contention. I agree. I'm just arguing that intelligence and ignorance are not mutually exclusive.

najmelliw wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

najmelliw wrote:

Aye. But there was no system behind those explanations, now was there? What cannot be explained, must come from the unexplainable.

What? What the hell did you just said?

najmelliw wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

najmelliw wrote:

And there were people who were not as rational as others.

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

najmelliw wrote:

It has to do with your question regarding the intelligence of the people in our past.

Are you trying to say that ancient people knew what we now know about everything else? How can you make such mindless comparison?

najmelliw wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

najmelliw wrote:

Well, what does THAT have to do with the main topic? Because if you choose to argue about the question whether Jesus worshipped God or not, you already accept the hidden premise that Jesus was an actual historical figure.

Are you mentally ill? When have I mentioned that I considered Jesus to be a historical figure? I discuss the apparent evidence found within the context of the Bible that the character named Jesus, according to the Bible (whether he was a historical figure or product of fiction…), worships God or Jehovah in the Bible.

najmelliw wrote:

The second hidden premise here is that the Bible (NT particularly) provides us with a fairly accurate image of Jesus and his actions.

So does the Iliad, which provides us with fairly accurate image of Achilles' being the son of a mortal man and the goddess Thetis.

najmelliw wrote:

As for the authors you mentioned, no I haven't read them. Is there some online work of them that you know of?

I don't think so, but if you want to buy their work just go here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0691020620/002-9191600-4837652?v=glance&n=283155

And if you want more evidence about Jesus being an historical inaccuracy, go here:
http://home.ca.inter.net/oblio/jhcjp.htm

You'll find it fascinating.

najmelliw wrote:

Jason Proudmoore wrote:

najmelliw wrote:

Well, there's the proof, isn't it?

Yes, there is proof…but not the proof you think of.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 05:38 pm
Wrong, Jason. There's a whole enchilada right here on this plate. . .

Er, part of an enchilada. . .

Time for a cool one
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 06:47 pm
Scott777ab wrote:

Let's just take the MOST obvious one. The removal of school prayer during the sixties.
( there is no god to believe in is basically what they want people to believe )

The exclusion of prayer in schools was one of the smartest things ever done in human history…and it should be considered paramount not just to Americans, but to the rest of the world as well.

Scott777ab wrote:

Another the Roe vs. Wade case.
( there is no god to believe in is basically what they want people to believe and sense god don't exist life really don't start till birth which is BS )

Who the hell told you that because God doesn't exist, life only begins at birth? Are you serious? Haven't we discussed when life actually originates?

Scott777ab wrote:

The removal of the 10 commandments in Goverment buildings
( again there is no god to believe in )
and on and on and on.

Believing in The Ten Commandments that only favors a god whose mountain of evidence points out to his nonexistence, is a joke to me…and throwing such notion into the garbage of nonsense, I consider the American government as being (this time) a very rational one.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 06:49 pm
neologist wrote:
Wrong, Jason. There's a whole enchilada right here on this plate. . .

Er, part of an enchilada. . .

Time for a cool one

You have to stop seeing things that aren't actually there, neo. It aint healthy.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:13 pm
Yer right.

It's gone now.

UUURP!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2006 09:55 pm
Prayer is a form of worship...
0 Replies