Jesus Never Worshipped God.

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 03:34 pm
I say Jesus never worshipped God.
If you think you can try to PROVE me wrong.
I say you can't.
But you're welcome to try.
Any takers who will provide eviedence?
Neo?
Frank?
Jason?
Anyone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,293 • Replies: 99
No top replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 05:05 pm
Define worship. I only ask to do so because people may have different beliefs and ideas about what worshipping entails.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 05:14 pm
Re: Jesus Never Worshipped God.
Scott777ab wrote:
I say you can't.
Neo?
Frank?
Jason?
Anyone?

I'd sooner try to teach quantum mechanics to a weasel!
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 05:17 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
I say you can't.
Neo?
Frank?
Jason?
Anyone?

I have to admit that was kinda funny.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 05:20 pm
just for the sake of the discussion, when Jesus , in the Garden of Gethsemane, asked God, calling him Father, to "take this cup from me, but thy will be done", he was clearly subjecting himself to his father's will. I call that a form of worship.

not like when chicks offer me their bodies in rapt delight, but worship none the less.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 05:20 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Scott777ab wrote:
I say you can't.
Neo?
Frank?
Jason?
Anyone?

I have to admit that was kinda funny.

And I have to admit that I stole it from someone who posted it over at Abuzz. But he used "ferret"...so I guess it is okay.

In any case, I think it fit in quite well in this thread...as a response to Scott's challenge. I'm glad I stole it.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 05:27 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
just for the sake of the discussion, when Jesus , in the Garden of Gethsemane, asked God, calling him Father, to "take this cup from me, but thy will be done", he was clearly subjecting himself to his father's will. I call that a form of worship.

not like when chicks offer me their bodies in rapt delight, but worship none the less.

If you told your daughter to clean her room and she said "Do I really have to Dad"? You said yes...that is the only way you will be able to go to the skating rink with all your friends. She obeyed.

Would you consider that being an example of your daughter worshipping you?

Would your daughter see it as such?

I can see where a friend of your daughter who does'nt obey her parents might regard that as a form worshipping or bowing down though.

Jesus was speaking to his Father.

Think about it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 05:36 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

If you told your daughter to clean her room and she said "Do I really have to Dad"? You said yes...that is the only way you will be able to go to the skating rink with all your friends. She obeyed.

I can see where a friend of your daughter who does'nt obey her parents might regard that as a form worshipping or bowing down though.

Think about it.

totally off track.... God the father did not tell Jesus he would withold anything from him.... your comparison is invalid, IMHO.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 06:02 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Think about it.

totally off track.... God the father did not tell Jesus he would withold anything from him.... your comparison is invalid, IMHO.

Ok.....remove the sentence about the skating with friends.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 06:03 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Let us look at the whole discorse.

Mat 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
Mat 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt].
Mat 26:40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak.
Mat 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
Mat 26:43 And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.
Mat 26:44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
Mat 26:45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take [your] rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

This whole discorse is not about woship it is about trying to teach his disciples a very important lesson. And that lesson is that they should look for and do God's will even to the point of death. That is all that this is about. THere is no worship done by Jesus in these verses.

Thanks for your post though.
But try again.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 06:29 pm
"At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes." (Matthew 11:25)

Sometimes I wonder why I continue with a fellow who has yet to run spell check on his signature.

Though I will admit there was a bully on my block when I was growing up - name was Ott. When he beat you up, you were, in effect, bigotted.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 06:31 pm
I would try again, but as I said, just for the sake of discussion. I really don't give a **** one way or the other.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 06:35 pm
And you were doing so well. . .
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 07:16 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
I say you can't.
Neo?
Frank?
Jason?
Anyone?

I'll go with it. It shouldn't be too hard to find people who say that not worshipping god means you go to hell. I think that pretty much proves that everyone is going to hell by someones definition.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 07:19 pm
What does the lucky person who wins get as a prize?

It better be good.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 07:23 pm
flushd wrote:
What does the lucky person who wins get as a prize?

It better be good.

an eternity in heaven in the "Bi-Polar Bear's Heavenly Mobile Home Park"
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 08:17 pm
I'd better stock up on my Bud Light now, then.

Jesus did not worship God.
Proof?

Jesus was a boy. We all know boys are evil.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 08:18 pm
flushd wrote:
I'd better stock up on my Bud Light now, then.

Jesus did not worship God.
Proof?

Jesus was a boy. We all know boys are evil.

whales and snails and puppy dog tails beeeeeyatch. Bring some tequila would ya? :wink:
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 09:56 pm
Scott777ab wrote:
I say you can't.
Neo?
Frank?
Jason?
Anyone?

Jesus worshipped God through His lifestyle. No, I don't think there is actually a scripture where it says Jesus went and "worshipped" God in the manner that we consider worship now a days. However, I also don't believe that worship was ever intended to be what it is now a days either. Go to church sing some songs about God blessing me and then jump right back into a life of hypocrisy later that afternoon or the next day... That's not worship, not in the true sense of the word anyway.

To worship something is to honor or reverence as a divine being or supernatural power as well as to regard it with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion. People worship all kinds of things. Money, celebrity's, nature, their career, their beliefs... Not by bowing down and paying homage, so to speak, but by how much credence they give that thing in their life. How much devotion they are willing to give to that thing they esteem as being of utmost importance in their life. If you look at Jesus' life, how He lived the things He did, the things He taught, and so forth, all He did was for God. Not for Himself. That is an ultimate act of worship in and of itself.

John 4
31 In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, "Rabbi, eat." 32 But He said to them, "I have food to eat of which you do not know." 33 Therefore the disciples said to one another, "Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?" 34 Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.

And later on in this same chapter Jesus went on to talk to the people about worship.

John 4:22-25
22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

If you will notice there is no reference here to singing any songs, doing any dances, shouting any praises or hallelujahs. Rather this speaks to me of living a lifestyle where it is evident that you worship God, because believe me, what we truly worship is evident in how we chose to live our daily life.
0 Replies

Scott777ab

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:24 pm
Hmmmm. I will re-read this post again when i am more awake. Have 12 hours of work tomorrow. Sad GOt to get to bed.

O and by the way my SIG are copies of how those people spelled those words when the called me those things.

Declared....
The First Heathen Evangelist: by Lash
A Mental Midget: by Doktor S
A Loony Fanatic: by Setanta
Bigotted: by Sentana
Rash and Impetuous: by Frank Apisa

I ran that through the spell check and only bigotted came out wrong.
But that is what Sentana called me and how he spelled it, I used copy paste on it.
0 Replies