I'd like to complain about work, if I may

quinn1

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 09:50 am
Specifically..the recent lack of it along with a large job to get done.

Laid off...again.
The market is horrid but, better than last year I think, so I am keeping my positive attitude...for how long, I have no idea. The man I had worked for up until Friday was the spawn of Lucifer so, really...it's all good. I however will surely not be commuting only 1 mile a day in the future...so sad but, I hope to at least be paid more so that could work well.
I have already applied to a few positions, one I am most interested in, and just can't wait to have everyone get back to work from the long holiday weekend so that perhaps I can get back to work myself. Smile oiy. It being Sunday, there is that large paper to review carefully but, aha...I am working today so my day tomorrow should be full of lovely ads, well I hope at least.

Now, you are confused..yes? I know, me to. yes, I am working today, doing that which I enjoy the most but only do for good friends and special occassions, photographing an Anniversary.
I am also managing a studio, or should I say the closing of a studio. Its a large job, and due to my dear friend passing away, so it is also a very emotional ride. Its a big job, and seems that I will now have the time to get more of it done and perhaps even completed in the time allowed by the family, of which I recently had been concerned. Brides are their own individiual personalities, really. And after the work directly related to the customers is completed I must take a big breath and assist with the auctioning and donating and eventual dissolution of it all.

So, that is the background and my complaint really is that its been a tough couple of years and while I think prospects are good for full time permanent things, in the mean time I can get some things done that need to be done but....at very little income. Sigh, always comes down to that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,242 • Replies: 46
No top replies

husker

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 09:57 am
Quinn - so sorry - thoughts and prayers are with you.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 09:59 am
Thanks husker, always nice to know the world still contains humanity Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 10:02 am
{{{{{{BIGHUG}}}}}}}....
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 10:06 am
ah thanks k...you've been great

{{BIG HUG BACK!}}
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 10:11 am
Aw shucks, wasn't nothing, just a phone call.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:37 pm
any hugs fer me? just fer fun??
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:50 pm
Quinn- ((((HUG)))) Just keep on plugging, and make something happen.

Quote:
The man I had worked for up until Friday was the spawn of Lucifer so, really...it's all good

Yes, it is all good.............right now you have the opportunity to change your life for the better. Never forget that, and don't permit yourself to become discouraged. Attitude is palpable, and employers can sense when a candidate is positive and eager. Maintain the positive attitude, and something good WILL come your way. Just believe in yourself!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:50 pm
Best of luck to you, m'dear.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 05:52 pm
I'l gunna follow - Phoenix around saying "right on"!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 06:07 pm
Best of luck indeed, Quinn! So sorry to hear about your friend, too.

May the goddess of good jobs smile on you - and sprinkle her magic glitter on your prospects....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 06:27 pm
well, that's good and lousy.
all the best to you, Quinn.
I hope you get something that takes better advantage of your skills AND gives you a kick AND pays you what ya need and deserve.
((((( Quinn )))))
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 06:39 pm
quinn, I know it may be hard to believe, but, sometimes, the loss of one job can turn out to be a blessing in disguise. That happened to me, and I know to many others. When our future looks bleak, because it looks like such a long, dark, tunnel, the light at the end will be brighter. Blessings, my friend. c.i.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 07:03 pm
Quinn, somebody needs a hug. Razz

Yeah, Quinn's one talented gal.
Boo, laid off
Yeah, On to bigger and better things.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 10:22 pm
Best of luck, Quinn. Been there, done that, it sucks.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 10:25 pm
k...a phone call goes a long way at times...so does a visit with a tiny bit o pottery...you're just a dear dear friend...thanks gal!

Sure....HUGS all around and right back at each and every one of yas...hugs are a great and wonderful thing Smile

Phoenix, yes..tis true, very true..I certainly believe..now, to get someone else to...itll work out in the end, Im sure.

jes...if anyone knows the market around here..its you...thanks gal...and how are you doin anywho?

dlowan..thanks. You know, one thing that keeps me going is the positive influences I have with the fabulous people I am lucky enough to have in my life and even those fabulous people left behind from fabulous people as well...its a big help and a great thing to have and even greater joy to know you have. Oh..lucky goddess dust helps too, Im sure! thanx!

ehbeth...a kick..well, okay..a kick could be considered good...it certainly couldnt hurt at this point..the last two years have been pretty boring and not exactly thrill seeking in the employment area..just jobs, and those are hideous. Pay would be helpful as well! Smile

ci..you know...going ahead with...basically the thoughts that...thank goodness I dont have to work for this guy anymore and onto better and brighter things I think will put a good curve on it. You never do know what you will find out there, and sometimes it works out just fabulously.

Letty..thanks for stopping on in..yeah..on to big and better things that would actually use those talents...that would be fabulous.

All these hugs..thats just great my friends...I appreciate it, a great deal..in fact..I feel better already. I am very lucky to have all this!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 09:42 am
Ah, the market (er, mahket) - 18,000 people and me, all looking in the same places. We should all do lunch or something. Oy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 11:28 am
jespah, There ain't a restaurant big enough to house all us A2Kers in one sitting. LOL and oy! c.i.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 12:37 pm
ah Jes, at least theres the company, this is good Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 May, 2003 02:10 pm
More big hugs!
0 Replies