Cable TV - Service Interruption

gollum

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 07:29 pm
If a subscriber loses a week of cable TV service because the cable box stops working, is he or she entitled to a service credit for that period?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 601 • Replies: 2
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:09 pm
Generally, yeah, provided the equipment which failed is owned by the provider, the equipment failure was due to no fault of yours, the equipment failure was reported in a timely manner, and repair or replacement of the failed, provider-owned equipment took a week, leaving you out of service during that period; you paid for the service, if you pay for the lease of the equipment required to access the equipment, its normal operation is part of the provider's contract with you. The equipment is supposed to work in order to allow you to access the service for which you pay.

Now, if you own the failed equipment, or if something you did that you shouldn't have or didn't do that you should have (including protecting the equipment from electrical spikes/surges/brownouts), you're prolly totally out of luck.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 11:11 pm
My cable went down for three days. The men did not arrive at the prescribed time to fix it. I explained to the man at the cable company that I had to miss work to wait for these guys (not really. I was working from home at the time but don't tell them that). They gave me a month free! The sqeaky wheel gets the grease!
0 Replies