$318 Billion Deal Is Set in Congress for Cutting Taxes

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:48 pm
Here's the math: There are 48 million retired North Americans. According to GWBush, himself, 10 percent of these retirees will benefit from the exemption of taxes from dividends. That's 4.8 milllion folks. The other 44 million are poor folk trying to live on their social security checks. Some of them eat dog food to survive, and many can't afford to buy the drugs their doctors prescribe. I've also learned that many of these folks are trying to purchase their drugs in Canada or Mexico. What's wrong with this picture? c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 04:54 pm
What's wrong is that 50% of Americans are living a lie. And when you challenge them (as we so often do here in A2K and elsewhere), they lie to cover the lie, they lie to themselves. All one can do is look back at them in disbelief. We have seen the enemy and he is....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 05:07 pm
Quote:
Tartarin
What's wrong is that 50% of Americans are living a lie

Explain!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 08:02 pm
Bush supporters, Au.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 May, 2003 09:26 pm
I think the most recent polls show that GWBush has a good performance rating by over 60 percent of Americans. I know that I live in another country, because the majority in this country can't see the truth of what this administration has done to this country. Either they're blind or I'm blind. Legally, I'm fifty percent blind. I think over 60 percent of Americans are 100 legally blind. c.i.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 08:42 am
Tartarin
That is called democracy. To say that 50 or 60 percent of Americans are living a lie because they do not see things your way are living a lie is shall I say a bit arrogant on your part. Everyone in this nation is entitled to their opinion even you.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:16 am
No, it's not Au. To recognize others' sheer stupidity is intelligent, not arrogant. Now, which side of the line are you on?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:28 am
Tartarin
As usual you are pretty full of yourself. Unlike yourself I have no line as you so aptly put it. Each issue is a separate and distinct and is evaluated as such. One thing is certain unlike you I believe this nation to be the best of the best. Bush may not be but he too shall pass.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:39 am
Like a really bad kidney stone, if we're lucky.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

au, You're like the majority: this administration "lied" about WMD's and Saddam's connection to al Qaida to justify this war. None have been proved, but thousands are dead, and billions of US taxpayers money was 'wasted.' The first Bush tax cut did nothing for our economy - or haven't you noticed? The second Bush tax cut favors the rich, and I'm sure you don't see that either. What good has this administraiton done for this country, besides take away some of our Constitutional Rights, and increased Unemployment? You tell me, because I'll listen to anything you have to say. c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Au, you are easy to tease.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:55 am
C.I.
Either you have a short attention span or cannot read if you did you would know my positions on the items you are railing about. Before you talk about that which you know little check the facts. Hint they are not as you present them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:00 am
au, Yes, I have a very short attention span, but your last response is not response at all; you negate what I say, but don't explain why. I'm waiting. c.i. tap, tap, tap.....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:23 am
C.I.
I refuse to make it easy for you just check out some of my posts and you will get your answer. You will find all will be revealed.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:57 am
Why does this news come out the day after Bush signs the tax cut into law?

Quote:
In the midst of negotiating a steep tax cuts package, the US government shelved a report that showed the United States faces future federal budget deficits of more than 44.2 trillion dollars.

President George W. Bush's administration chose to keep the findings -- commissioned by then-Treasury secretary Paul O'Neill -- out of the 2004 annual budget report, published in February, London's Financial Times reported.

The newspaper desribed the study as "the most comprehensive assessment of how the US government is at risk of being overwhelmed by the 'baby boom' generation's future healthcare and retirement costs."

Washington shelved report of 44-trillion-dollar deficit

And not in any US media outlet?

Now we know why Paul O'Neill got fired, anyway...
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 11:18 am
"I refuse to make it easy for you..." Au, is that arrogance or what?

PDiddie -- I saw that report and wonder about just how dumbed down the citizens of Au's favorite nation have to be to avoid the implications. Or is 44.4 trillion so incomprehensible that we decide we won't bother to comprehend? The baby boomers and their children are in for a most unpleasant surprise if they don't take a little time away from their home theatres for a look at the real news. With 44.4 trillion at stake, Darwinian reality will turn Americans into yet another lost species. Or will we humbly turn to our former allies for help?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 12:01 pm
Tartar, It's evident that au can't rebut the details of my post, so he resorts to adhominems. Make it easy for whom? That's a laugh. Get real; show me the beef. DPid's post confirms my opinions. Where's yours? c.i.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:54 pm
PD - Does anyone really doubt that attempting to pay for the health care and retirement of baby boomers would bankrupt the federal government? The question you ought to be asking is why is anyone suggesting the feds do any such thing?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:01 pm
I guess Scrat hasn't caught on to the system -- the fact that people in today's work force are paying for the retired right now, just as today's retired paid for those who have gone on. So what Joe Baby Boomer has paid out in FICA will not be coming back to him. Betcha Joe isn't gonna like that.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:11 pm
Tartarin - You are confusing understanding the system with approving of it or believing it is sustainable. I understand it, and perhaps better than you, since you seem to be arguing that you think it can provide for everyone forever. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies