The Rocket's Red Glare....over Palestine and Israel...

Lash

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:23 pm
All God's children is throwin up bombs on the fourth of July

Palestinian rocket hits Israeli city
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 834 • Replies: 19
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:32 pm
The terrorists were elected to power. Their actions now rise to the level of an act of war, IMO. Unfortunately, this means the Palestinians will likely get what they bargained for.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 07:38 pm
This is the one good thing about electing terrorists.

When they start throwing stuff at you, you know where to throw it back.

I haven't been following this. I'll bring some background.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:25 pm
Story

Are the Palestinians on the brink of civil war?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 04:14 am
I'd be lying if I said I've been paying a lot of attention, because I've been too busy. But seriously; Israel gave back territory they had to take in war, and the Palestinians have rewarded them by firing rockets from the very territory they graciously gave back (I trust no one's under the illusion they were forced in to it by the Palestinians). This is why no one should reward bad behavior. F the Palestinians at this juncture. Let them recall the terrorists they elected to represent them or suffer the consequences. I've long thought the US did and should keep Israel in check... but I no longer care. Vote for idiocy, and you deserve to get what you voted for. Pity the minority that had the good sense to vote against the terrorists. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:33 am
Bushie lays blame over war
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:54 am

Thanks for posting this, Lash.

Quote:
Bush emphasized the importance of individual rights and freedoms. "I fully understand that there will be a Russian style democracy. I don't expect Russia to look like the United States," Bush said. "As Vladimir pointedly reminded me last night, we have a different history, different traditions."

Putin replied: "We certainly would not want to have the same kind of democracy as they have in
Iraq, I can tell you quite honestly." It was a reference to the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, which Putin opposed, and the U.S. imposition of democracy there

LOL LOL LOL
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 09:47 am
bill...lash

If you aren't, I recommend that you turn to Ha'aretz for coverage on what is presently going on... http://www.haaretz.com/

Obviously, as an Israeli newspaper, it's closer to the scene than anything over here. And an added benefit is that this provides a go-around of American political interests (a valid concern in its own right, but often obfuscating). It is Israel's best paper.

If you want to refer to voices on the other side, you can find some here... http://www.aldaily.com/
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 15 Jul, 2006 08:53 pm
Thanks for the links. I've read Ha'aretz before, but not recently.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 06:26 am
Saudi donated 50 million to Lebanon.

Tentacles.

Is Lebanon beside Hezbollah?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:04 am
My view is Hezbollah and Lebanon are one in the same, Lebanon is happy to use Hez as a facade.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:39 am
Brand X wrote:
My view is Hezbollah and Lebanon are one in the same, Lebanon is happy to use Hez as a facade.

The christian right and America are "one in the same"? The oil industry and America are "one in the same"? The marine corps and America are "one in the same"? The Republican Party (or Dem Party) and America are "one in the same"?

How convenient when you don't have to trouble yourself with making distinctions.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 08:48 am
blatham wrote:
Brand X wrote:

The christian right and America are "one in the same"? The oil industry and America are "one in the same"? The marine corps and America are "one in the same"? The Republican Party (or Dem Party) and America are "one in the same"?

How convenient when you don't have to trouble yourself with making distinctions.

In this case there is no distinction, Einstein.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:05 am
Such clarity suggests you'd have little problem laying out the information you draw on in your conclusion?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:07 am
Does this all mean we are going to invade Grenada again?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:11 am
Might be the Falklands.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 09:19 am
blatham wrote:
Such clarity suggests you'd have little problem laying out the information you draw on in your conclusion?

Such intellectual dishonesty suggests you just want to pick a fight, as usual, so you can go into one of your boring diatribes.

There's enough global warming already, cut down on the hot air, eh blatham.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 02:18 pm
Brand X wrote:
blatham wrote:

Such intellectual dishonesty suggests you just want to pick a fight, as usual, so you can go into one of your boring diatribes.

There's enough global warming already, cut down on the hot air, eh blatham.

No interest in picking a fight with you whatsoever. The problem lies with the undiscerning claim you made in a public political forum and with the lack of any evidence/thoughtfulness you brought to support it.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 16 Jul, 2006 06:52 pm
blatham wrote:
bill...lash

If you aren't, I recommend that you turn to Ha'aretz for coverage on what is presently going on... http://www.haaretz.com/

Obviously, as an Israeli newspaper, it's closer to the scene than anything over here. And an added benefit is that this provides a go-around of American political interests (a valid concern in its own right, but often obfuscating). It is Israel's best paper.

If you want to refer to voices on the other side, you can find some here... http://www.aldaily.com/
Thanks for the links. You'll find Finn did a much better job of explaining Brand X' position here.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2006 05:35 am
Bill

Thanks for link.
0 Replies